Saturday, December 17, 2005

Do you know all the Fruit of the Loom characters?



OK, I waste a lot of time - I'm the first to admit it. Some people can't get a particular song out of their head; I can't stop thinking about what fruit the fourth Fruit of the Loom guy is supposed to be.

Apple is obvious, as is Green Grapes guy and Purple Grapes guy - but what fruit is Ugly Brown Leafy guy supposed to be?? My husband insists he is a tobacco leaf but I say no way would the upstanding FotL company have anything to do with tobacco. Plus, tobacco isn't a fruit dumbass! (OK, I didn't call him "dumbass" to his face but I thought it.)

So in my inordinate amount of free time, I surfed around and found not only the true identity of Ugly Brown Leafy guy, but complete bios on each one!! See, that means I can't be the only one with an unhealthy interest in them.

OK, I'll give you some time to guess what Ugly Brown Leafy guy is before posting his identity...!

4 Comments:

Blogger doc-t said...

THAT is an EXCELLENT question and i believe i have the answer for you.

And I believe i have the answer for you as i remember those guys well, and their commericals and i use to wear fruit of the loom and their emblem is on the tags.

The "brown leafy guy" you ask about. Is exactly that... brown and leafy. He's not a fuit. He is simply brown leaves.

How anticlimactic eh? I think many people ASSUME he has to be a fruit because his 'associates' are but that's simply not the case.


I also wanted to say i saw your comment about profiling. Yes it's true police should profile. In fact whether they will admit it or not it is standard practice. As a scientist I profile. I have to. If I wanted to investigate a disease I'd have to profile. If i wanted to find every american with sickle cell so i could test them for a possible cure I would first look amont the african american population because it is EXTREMELY rare to find it in caucasions, asians, polynesians, latinos.. etc...

to find criminals you profile... simple as that...

12/19/2005 6:07 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Why thank you doc-t for being the first to leave a comment on my blog! Much obliged. And, you are correct about Ugly Brown Leafy guy being just that - a leaf. Kind of sad as one might hope for a little more drama or at least something more fruit-like...

For anyone out there who might read this, doc-t's comments regarding profiling were directed at the post on Swhicker's World blog http://swhicker.blogspot.com/2005/12/patriot-act.html.

12/19/2005 8:29 PM  
Blogger doc-t said...

in his favor, the brown leafy guy is likely to have a much longer life than the fruit.... unless giraffes are around...

doc-t

12/19/2005 11:00 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

ACK! He's just a leaf??? WAH! I'm not eating leaves!

Thanks for stopping by - I've enjoyed reading your blog (and agree with your 110% about GWB's speech).

12/21/2005 10:22 PM  

<< Home