Saturday, January 21, 2006

All Aboard the Woo Woo Train

**Warning - this is one of those "woo woo" stories...

The other day I was looking at some pictures and got a little teary when I came across one of my maternal Grandma. She died in 1998 the day before I moved from Illinois to Maryland. She lived in Pittsburgh and I was so excited to move to MD and be only 3 hours away from her.

She was THE stereotypical Italian grandma. Very plump, OK fat, always wore a dress with knee his rolled down to her ankles, cooked mountains of amazing pasta, meatballs, manicotta, etc., spoke in broken English, was the matriarch of the family and loved to argue. She didn't take any crap from anyone either.

I've often thought about her and wondered how she was and why I don't "feel" her or have any sign that she's around. Not that I'm psychic or anything - we had a close relationship and I just want to know she's there.

Anyway, I looked at the pictures and thought about how much I missed her. About 15 minutes later my cell phone rang - unusual in itself since I rarely use it and about only 3 people have the number. I answered and heard a woman with a strong Italian accent saying "hello, hello" and then the line went dead. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyone have any "woo woo" stories to share? I do believe that there is something after death. It would be horrible to think that's IT. I used to watch medium John Edward all the time. He was on at like 11:30 at night but I was addicted! I mean, how did he know this chick's dead uncle always had tomato sauce stains on his tie?? I also watch the show "Medium" with Patricia Arquette sometimes. It's based on the life of medium Allison DuBois who wrote Don't Kiss Them Good-bye. I've read several other books by psychics and find them interesting because they really make you think about your beliefs. They've also made me unafraid of dying.

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

That is so neat!
I think my Gram and my Grandpa are around, too. My Grandpa (a miser) leaves pennies for us to find.
Enjoy your woo woo moment... I know I enjoy mine.
LadyBug

1/21/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

Good story, thanks. Woo woo indeed.

1/21/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Wow, your post gave me chills. Iam a firm believer that our love ones that have past are all around us, some more then others. Like I had said it on TT post that I feel my grandmother around me all the time (we were also very close). I definitely think it was a sign you getting that call.

Another story, My mom's mom, died when she was 4, when my mom was 17 she stood at the bottom of a staircase and looked up to see her mother standing there in a long black gown. A breeze came thru the house and then the figure was gone. My mom said she never felt so at peace before then at that moment.

Hugs Suz

Hugs Suz

1/22/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

wow, what a wonderful story... And I have to tell you it choked me up. I had a grandmother like yours, only she wasn't Italian, she was Danish. We were very close and I've been hoping for some sort of sign to know she's still with me. But I've never had one. Maybe I don't "listen" carefully enough...

1/22/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

What a great story about your Grandma! I believe, without a doubt, that our loved ones watch over us. You should read "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It's fiction, but it amazed me, because she has exactly the same idea of heaven that I've always believed.

1/23/2006 12:42 AM  

<< Home