Monday, January 16, 2006

Extreme Makeunder

Off I went to the dermatologist today, full of hope for my own little non-surgical "extreme makeover". HA! I say again, HA! Apparently I am beyond the capabilities of a mere dermatologist and do indeed need a plastic surgeon.

OK, "need" may be a little strong. I will admit to "wanting" some results that apparently a dermatologist cannot provide. I wanted some kind of lift to raise my tired, droopy eyelids. I was thinking that surely Botox could do this. I mean, every women's magazine I read trumpets the miracle that is Botox. But no, apparently even Botox cannot raise my sagging brow. I would require a blethroplasty, which is eyelid surgery to remove excess skin above and/or below the eye.

So, apparently I won't be able to get an eyelid lift prior to the big dinner with Husband's boss and that boss' boss this Thursday night. And I really wanted to look my best! I thought a little Botox would do it, but unfortunately not. And somehow, I don't think I'll be having surgery prior to Thursday - or anytime thereafter for that matter. I think it's too expensive and it scares me.

Then I thought, OK, I need a little something to make me feel better. So then I asked the dermatologist to remove a small flesh colored mole on my chin. Shot down again! Apparently I am the only one able to see this mole. But I know it's there! The doctor said if it gets bigger maybe she could remove it but it wasn't worth it now for the small scar I'd end up with.

So, here I sit, completely unfulfilled in the beauty department. Of course I blame gorgeous women everywhere that I see and therefore want to look like. sigh

5 Comments:

Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I thought drooping eyelids were in! Think "Bette Davis Eyes"!

Really, if those are your eyes in the photgraph, they look fine.

1/16/2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

I am sure you are gorgeous just the way you are. Save your $$.
LadyBug

1/17/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I agree if those are your eyes then they are perfect.

Though I do think that we all think something is wrong with some part of our body and we like to change/fix it.

Hugs Suz

1/17/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

I don't see any drooping eyelids! Maybe you're just seeing things.

1/17/2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

OK, let me just say I love you all! You are so nice. I feel better. :)

1/17/2006 6:56 PM  

<< Home