Monday, January 30, 2006

Girl's Weekend

Well, as promised, I am reporting about my "Girl's Weekend" with my friend Kira.

We had a great time and a wonderful spa experience although as you can see from this picture, I managed once again (actually this is the third time) to have the oh so delicate skin below my eyebrows ripped off. OUCH. We determined it can in no way be my fault, and therefore, I should probably just stop having brow waxes. Ever. Clearly, my skin does not like it. This picture doesn't even do justice to how red and raw my skin looks. But, the heated hand and feet mitts during the facial just about made up for the skin ripping incident.

Despite losing all feeling in the eyebrow area, I still managed do some serious damage shopping. Husband was smart enough to keep his mouth shut since he's going on his annual Guy's Golf Trip next weekend. HA - what great timing for my friend to come visit you say. Ah yes, all part of a carefully executed plan I say. :)

It was wonderful to just spend time talking with a good friend. We also managed to drink a few martinis. We always try out a new one each time we visit each other. This visit's martini was so successful I have to share the recipe:

Pomegranate Martini
1 1/2 cups of Pom juice
2 oz. Absolut Citron
1 oz. Cointreau
Juice of 1/2 a lemon or lime

10 Comments:

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hey, your from Columbus as well! Don't ya just love our weather...heehee!

That brow pic doesn't not look pleasant! And that's why I don't get my brows waxed, ever! :-)

Btw, Wendy directed me here today!!!

1/30/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

That's a great picture...despite the fact that there are no martini's in it!

1/30/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

OUCH! I cant get my brows waxed or anything for that matter. I cant even use nair or anything like that cause I get burned skin like you.

Glad you had a wonderful time with your friend. That drink sounds good. I think I saw it made on a Martha show once.

Hugs Suz

1/30/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

so glad you had fun!

1/30/2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OUCH!! No more eyebrow waxing for you! That truly made my eyes water just looking at it. Of course enough of those martinis and you'd be thinking, "What eyebrows?" lol Glad you ahd such an awesome time!

1/31/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Cal the Wonderdog said...

"oooh martinis", says my sidekick. But you know I heard gin can make you mean so watch out!!!

Cal

1/31/2006 4:40 AM  
Blogger David said...

Katherine, you and your frined are Kindred Spirits. Just like(Anne and Diana) from the book Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maude Montgomery (1908).

This is a wonderful Canadian story set in the Province of Prince Edward Island, I think you might enjoy reading. It has been made into several movies, Canadian version is the best. L.M. Montgomery's own life story was one, all women can relate to.

David

P.E.I. is my famlies' ancestral home.

1/31/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I LOVE pomegranite martinis. They are incredibly tasty.

1/31/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Ok that looks like it hurt !

1/31/2006 5:54 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Hi David, I did read all the Anne of Green Gables books when I was younger and absolutely loved them. Definitely one of my favorite series. I could really relate to Anne who never thought she was pretty enough (remember when she dyed her beautiful hair black and it turned green?) or smart enough, etc...

1/31/2006 7:15 PM  

<< Home