Friday, January 13, 2006

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now!

Why is it that once you reach a certain age, oh let's say mid-thirties it starts, that suddenly you can no longer sleep through the night without having to get up and pee.

What is up with that?! It's so unfair. Especially because it happens almost every night - not just when I've had a drink or two if you know what I mean. We have to deal with all the other "fun" things about getting old and now I find I either have to buy Depends or accept that I'm not going to get a good night's sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so once I'm up, I'm up for a while.

I've tried acting like a ten year old and holding it - hoping it will just go away. Sometimes that works but then a half hour later the urge is baaaaack.

I've decided I may as well multi-task in my fight against aging. Now when I get up to pee I'm going to rub some of my "sure to make you look ten years younger" cream on my face on the way back to bed!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mama B said...

LOL! That is SO me!!!

1/13/2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Also wear your pedometer to bed. Gotta get your exercise where you can, right?

1/13/2006 12:39 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Dont even get me started on my bladder. Since getting older and having kids, I have such a weak one. Not only does it wake me to pee at night but I better have my legs crossed when I cough or sneeze or watch out!

By the way I blogroll you :-)

Hug Suz

1/13/2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger "D" said...

mph..I have fallen back asleep ON the pot... now THATS a rude awakening!

1/13/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Blurbette said...

Oh I am the pee pee Queen of the night! I know your dilemma! Now we have a dog (go see my site) and he's working on being the King, pfffft!
I multi task too; unfortunately it involves a small bowl of crunchy cereal ;)

1/14/2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

I think it starts during pregnancy and just gets worse as we age... Let me know if the anti-wrinkle cream thing works... I might have to start doing that, too!!
LadyBug

1/14/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

And then, of course, there's the dog needing to go out at night.

1/14/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I blame my children for that. If they hadn't tap danced on my bladder when I was pregnant, it would still be firm and perky and hold its water withe the best of them.

1/14/2006 10:03 PM  

<< Home