Sunday, January 15, 2006

La La La La La, I'm not listening!

OK, where in the marriage handbook does it say a perfectly good husband will all the sudden stop listening when he listened fine in the beginning?

What is up with that? Does it happen in all marriages or am I just the lucky one?

Just one example: Husband was being very nice and vacuuming while I was cleaning the cats' litter boxes. I set the bag of litter on the floor while I collected the newspaper to take everything out to the trash.
ME: Uh oh, this bag of litter leaked. Bring the vacuum back here.
HUSBAND: OK

So, one would assume he brought the vacuum back to where I said, right?? I mean he said "OK" as if he listened to what I said and understood it. Nothing difficult or tricky here! But, noooooooooo...next thing I know he's put the vacuum away.
ME: uh, Honey, you didn't vacuum up this litter.
HUSBAND: What litter?
ME: I am going to rip your arm off and hit you over the head with it.
HUSBAND: What did I do??
ME: ACK! I give up.

Went and got the vacuum myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

I think with years they just get confortable.

I know mine will say yes to things he really never heard me say and then I have to repeat it.

Suz

1/15/2006 7:02 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

It's called selective hearing.. they hear you and answer but your question or request is not processed in their brains.
LadyBug

1/17/2006 10:38 AM  

<< Home