Friday, January 06, 2006

The Man Miracle

I am a genius!

I have to be, I found a foolproof way to get Husband to vacuum WITHOUT EVEN ASKING!

To be fair, he was happy in the past to vacuum whenever I asked - no pouting or muttering under his breath, at least not that I heard. But sometimes a gal likes to have things done without having to ask first.

Enter the amazing Man Miracle - the Dyson vacuum!

I am not kidding you! My husband is in love with this thing. I'm getting worried I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night and it's going to be in bed between us.

What he finds so irresistible is the clear plastic canister that allows him to see all the dirt and hair (1 lab + 2 cats = A LOT of hair) that he's sucking up. I can't really say why he finds this so fascinating but I sure am happy that he does! Best $400 we ever spent. I know it's pricey, but in our household (again, 1 lab and 2 cats!) we need a top notch vacuum.

What really cracks me up is that every time my husband uses the vacuum now, he goes around quoting the inventor (James Dyson) that does the commercials, (start fake British accent now) "I just think things should work properly." I love that he has such fun doing housework.

Now if I could only find a really cool gadget for cleaning bathrooms maybe I could get him to do that, too...

4 Comments:

Blogger Taylor Monroe said...

Hi! Just scrolling through Blogger, (I'm new) and found your posts. Got a laugh out of a few of them. Thanks for sharing. -Taylor M.

1/07/2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Unfortunately for me, I don't have any male counterparts as of right now, so all of the cleaning is left up to my roommates and I. At least there's three of us though. But like you, we have two cats and one lab...a lot of fur. :)

1/07/2006 5:11 PM  
Blogger Me! said...

I loved your post. We got the purple Animal Dyson last February and if hubby is home he volunteers to sweep every time. He decided he wanted to be a rep. He would do well at it I think. lol

1/07/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Links within a post on Blogger are actually much easier than I thought they would be. Highlight whatever word you want to be the link, then click the little icon of the globe with a chain attached. It'll ask you to type in (or cut & paste) the url you want to link to.

You would think Blogger would tell us this stuff, a "Blogger for Beginners" or something! Now if I could only figure out how to personalize my masthead!

1/08/2006 10:15 AM  

<< Home