A Poptart Kind of Day
Kind of reminded me to slow down a little and find joy in the little things around me. Not think so much about the future, like once we move to the next city then I'll make good friends and get more involved in the community. I've always had a hard time just enjoying the here and now. So, I resolved to write down a few "little" things that I really enjoy.
- The seat warmers in my car - couldn't get through the winter without 'em!
- Seeing the sun rise over the lake every morning from my bedroom window
- Watching all the ducks waddling up to the bird feeder from the lake to eat the seed the birds dropped
- Watching the children on my street play outside together
- Reading a good book
- Getting a phone call or email from a friend
- The way my husband gently puts his hand on my back while I'm in bed before he leaves for work and tells me he loves me. Every day.
Here's a picture of Sampson enjoying one of his "little things". His dog Fluffy. Fluffy was actually one of my husband's first stuff animals. My mother-in-law gave it to me at Christmas. I have no idea why and thought it was a little weird. What am I supposed to do with the thing?? So, I gave it to Sampson and he loves it. Carries it downstairs every morning and then when it's time for bed at night, carries it upstairs and lays it by his bed. Don't ask me what the heck I'm going to do when my mother-in-law comes to visit! "Uh, gee, he's never taken that stuffed animal before, I don't know what's gotten into him..."
I'm usually quite pessimistic but today I feel lucky! It's a poptart kind of day. Enjoy it! I'd love to hear little things that you all get joy from.