Sunday, January 01, 2006

Rockin' New Year's Eve for Losers

Well, the dog was asleep by 9pm, my husband made it until 10pm and I lasted until 11. I'm SURE I could have made it until midnight, but who wants to celebrate by themselves?

Besides, there was NOTHING on TV to keep me awake. I tried watching Ryan Seacrest - please. The five minutes I saw was of him in Times Square looking very cold and asking drunk revelers inane questions like, "How does it feel to be in Times Square on New Year's Eve?" Wow, he'll probably get some kind of broadcasting psuedo-journalism award for that crapola.

So, the cats (Hobbes, left, and Spenser) were the only ones awake in our house. Here are their Resolutions for 2006:
  1. 1. Hack up more hairballs, but only on the carpet. Never on the hardwood or tile.

2. Meow even more loudly at 5 am for food accompanied by scratching and launching ourselves at the bedroom door until it opens and we get yelled at.

3. Keep refusing to acknowledge in any way when our names are called.

4. Rub up against humans to get pet, and then without warning hiss, smack human with paw and try to bite. Repeat.

5. Sleep in dog's bed at ever opportunity, look annoyed when told to leave and start chewing on said bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Your cats' resolutions are hysterical! Thanks for visting my blog!

1/01/2006 9:20 PM  

<< Home