Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Scaredy Cat

I woke up in the middle of the night. Husband was away on business. I went downstairs and walked through the dining room to get to the kitchen. I somehow sensed someone was sitting in one of the dining room chairs. I whirled and turned the light on and there was a man sitting in one of the chairs. I screamed and screamed and screamed. Then I realized he was dead - bullet hole in the head. As I was backing out of the dining room someone grabbed me from behind and stabbed me in the stomach.

I woke up screaming. Ack, why did I dream that?! Husband is leaving for a business trip tomorrow so now I am seriously freaked out. I have a dog who is a bigger baby than me and can't be counted on to protect me. Maybe he would be able to trip an intruder in his haste to get to them and lick them, but again, I can't count on that!

Haven't seen any scary movies lately...I read mysteries and sure, at least one person dies in every book but I've been reading mysteries (not horror - no Stephen King) for years and never had nightmares.

I'm convinced this nightmare means something and I'm just too dense to get it.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Sure it means something...you're scared. While your husband's away, do these things:
1. Leave the kitchen light on. If the light's already on, your dream can't come true because you won't be able to flip the switch to find the body.
2. Read only happy, cheerful books. Like "Heidi" or something.
3. Remember this about dogs: even if they're not "attack" dogs, they'll usually let you know someone's there. Lock the dog in bedroom with you. You'll know it if someone's in the house.

Hang in there!

1/10/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Hi, I found my way here thru "Confessions Of A Busy Mom" blog.

That dream would freak me out also. My hubby travels a lot so I know how you feel.

Iam sure everything will be fine while he is gone.

Suz

1/11/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

Good advice from the gardener. I think dreams just reflect how we feel or what we are thinking - they don't foretell the future.

1/11/2006 7:05 PM  

<< Home