Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thirteen Things That Annoy The Crap Outta Me

Thirteen Things That Annoy The Crap Outta Me

1. Rude customer service people who don't seem to get that it is their job to provide GOOD, FRIENDLY SERVICE.

2. Traveling by plane. Don't get me wrong - I want to be safe - but with the way security is currently handled I not only do not feel safe, I feel annoyed and irritated to be dealing with such blatant incompetence. I also don't understand how just about every airline can be facing bankruptcy with what they charge to fly.

3. I hate when I settle into my comfy chair with a book only to discover after about 10 pages it's absolute crap but since I have nothing else to read I suffer through it only to verify that yes, indeedy it sure was crap.

4. Having to go to my husband's business functions. For example, on the hottest day of the summer being required to go to the freaking zoo and make nice with 300 sweaty people I don't know.

5. My dog insisting on pooping on the only lawn for miles around whose owners are standing RIGHT THERE watching. (yes, I always have a bag, but still!)

6. Having to spend a minimum of of two hours on the phone every freaking time I have to call Dell. I am not buying another laptop from you people! P.S. Hard drives should NOT crash after two weeks.

7. Leaving the last piece of dessert for my husband and him eating it without even offering me a bite. Rude!

8. Large companies who outsource their tech support to India and then force the reps to call themselves American names. No way was I talking to "Monica". It's insulting to them and customers who know damn well they are speaking to someone in India whose first language was not English.

9. The Catholic Church. How dare they lie and cover up and then lie some more. How dare they move priests to other parishes that they know have been molesting children instead of calling the police. How dare they tell me I cannot get married in the Catholic Church unless I agree to have children. How dare they tell my sister-in-law she cannot get an annulment unless she makes a sizable donation to the church.

10. My best friend Kira's cell phone that always dies right in the middle of me telling her some long involved story only I don't know the phone is dead until AFTER I've gone on and on and on and finished the stupid story.

11. The police and firemen associations that call my house monthly and ask for money. Apparently they are exempt from the telemarketing "do not call" rule. They make me feel so guilty I give money, but I have to wonder what my tax dollars are paying for if they still have to call and ask for money.

12. Watered down drinks you pay $10 for.

13. ME. I annoy the crap out of myself by worrying too much about to damn everything. Do I look good enough? Am I smart enough to carry on a conversation with my husband's boss? Am I a good enough Corporate wife? Am I a good enough Aunt? Does anyone like me? Will anyone read the silly things I blog about? blah blah blah

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

CHECK OUT THESE OTHER THURSDAY THIRTEENS

Confessions of a busy mom

Goin Ons

Life's Entertainment

Straddling the Line

Diary of the Nello

Wendy's Whimsies

Snaphappy Mom

Kimmy and Jacob

8 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Great list, As you know i did my first TT today.

Dont even get me started on the Catholic Church!

Hugs Suz
http://goinons.blogspot.com/

1/12/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Happy TT!! Rude customer service annoys me as well.

1/12/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger "D" said...

I'm with you on 12 and 13...definitely 13 these days! Happy 13!

1/12/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger Chickadee said...

Yup, the Catholic officials have their priorities screwed up. That's why I left the church.

My mom bought a Dell computer several years ago and had the same thing happen. She had nothing but trouble with that stupid computer.

My 13 are up.

http://www.danno.org/blogs

1/12/2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I laughed out loud at #4!
I couldn't agree more.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

1/12/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Those outsourced calls drive me crazy too, I just did my first TT today. I am finding some great lists :)
Wendys Thirteen

1/12/2006 2:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Too funny, I did a similar 13 this week (on my pet peeves). Oh, and I totally agree on the police wanting money...they call us constantly.

My 13:
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

1/12/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Customer Service!!!!!!! AAaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhHHHH! They make me feel like I'm putting them out...like I'm invading their breakroom. (I used to work customer service...I know it's a terrible job, but I got PAID to do it!)

My 13 are up!
http://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com

1/13/2006 1:00 AM  

<< Home