Sunday, January 22, 2006

A to Z, All About Me

I stole this idea from Blurbette so be sure to visit her blog!

A-Z about me:

A - Age you got your first kiss: age 15 (thanks Joe, it was great!)
B - Band/Singer listening to right now: Carbon Leaf
C- Crush: Johnny Depp. Just something smoldering and mysterious about that guy...
D- Drink of Choice: nonalcoholic - coffee. alcoholic - margaritas with lots of salt.
E - Easiest person: (To be around) My yellow lab Sampson. Yes, I know he's DOG but he acts so much like a person that he's close enough. He's so happy ALL the time it's impossible to be sad or in a bad mood when he's around.
F - Favorite food: tie between seafood and chocolate candy like Lindt's truffles
G - Good deed: I volunteer in an English as a Second Language class. I meet amazing people from all over the world who are so eager to learn.
H – Holiday Memory: Any Christmas when all my Grandparents were alive. My parents would drive 10 hrs. from IL to Pittsburgh with my brother, me and our cat in the backseat. There would be at least 20 people over for dinner every night. It was constant laughter and I always felt so happy and loved.
I - Idiosyncrasy: I don’t brush my teeth in the morning until after I've had my coffee - it ruins the taste of the coffee if I do.
J - Jewelry: Love it all! Favorite piece right now is a 60 carat blue quartz bracelet husband bought me for my birthday last year.
K-Kids: Not in the cards.
L - Longest car ride ever: 10 hours from IL to Pittsburgh several times a year to see relatives.
M - Major in college: Business Administration (boring!)
N - Nicknames: Kat (don't care for Kathy at all)
O - One wish: I wish that I'll be able to make many close friends in the next place Husband gets transferred to which could be any day now.
P - Pet Peeve: women who think they are better than me because their husband is higher on the corporate ladder and therefore, they must speak to me in the most condescending way possible, or not at all. Get over yourselves!
Q - Quote: Keep true to the dreams of thy youth. Friedrich von Schiller (1759 - 1805)
R - Reason to smile: Husband. I adore him.
S - Surprise you loved - Husband surprised me with a birthday weekend in New Orleans with friends last year. Had a blast and it was all the more meaningful because it was 3 wks. before Katrina.
T - Time you felt sad: Saturday when the two miners in WV were found dead and the whale in the Thames River in London died.
U - Unknown fact about me: I've never drank a Pepsi or Coke. I don't like anything carbonated - no soft drinks, beer or champagne!
V - Vegetable(s) you hate: Green peppers, olives (are they a veggie?).
W - Worst thing to have happened to you: Husband's company very unexpectedly demanded he move to NY (or be terminated) 3 months after we built our dream home in MD and 3 days after I started a new job I loved. Turned out great because we made wonderful friends but the first 6 months was very hard; I was depressed and cried A LOT.
Y - Your biggest regret: not joining a sorority in college because my boyfriend at the time didn't want me to. How dumb. Could have made great friends.
Z - Zoo animal you like: none. Honestly, it makes me sad to see them in cages.

7 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

What a great idea for a list and what a great list!

I think G: Your good deed is cool. I wish i could speak another lanuage. What a beautiful necklace and a beautiful picture of you & your hubby?

Hugs Suz

1/23/2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Great list. Now I feel like I really know you. I never met anyone who never drank a coke or pepsi.

1/23/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Look at your cute photo! :)

1/23/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Dogs are much easier than people to be around!

I love the photo!

1/23/2006 5:33 PM  
Blogger shelleyginger said...

Great list!! Great photo!!

No Coke or Pepsi?? I am amazed or impressed or just plain stunned. :)

1/23/2006 8:52 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

This is terrific!
We know so much more about you now! You didn't even need to join that sorority - you have all of us. :-)

LadyBug

1/24/2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

That is definitely sad about the whale and I am happy to see that someone is happy to be married these days. It's so great when people are in love! :)

1/24/2006 9:22 AM  

<< Home