Friday, January 20, 2006

Whew, Glad That's Over

So happy it's Friday althought not for the usual reasons.

Last night was The Dinner. Bigwig VP took Husband and I out to dinner along with Husband's boss and wife. It was a "thank you" to Husband for doing some major dirty work no one else wanted to do. It involved him having to tell people, "Hey, you know that bonus we gave you? Well, due to a little 'ol computer glitch you actually didn't earn that so you're not getting it, and by the way, you also owe us money." Yipes.

Husband has become known as a bit of a "fixer" around the office. Very flattering but also very stressful. I'm glad he's getting recognition but I have to say, one dinner doesn't really cut it. Where's the money? Yes, I'm greedy. But, I've also seen how hard Husband has been working and how successful he's been. I mean, they piled so much on him we had VPs calling our house to make sure he was OK and not going to bolt and make them deal with the mess. We'll see how grateful they really are when raise time rolls around in a couple of months!! I'll let you know. :)

Anyway, I was quite nervous about this dinner because I knew how important it was to Husband. I wanted to make a good impression for him. I find situations where I have to make small talk with strangers extremely uncomfortable as I am very shy. I was fearful of not saying the right thing or not saying enough and have them thinking I'm snobby, blah blah blah. I just wanted it to be over!

It ended up being a 2 1/2 hour dinner...yawn...I missed CSI!! Actually, it went well, or so Husband says, and for that I was very grateful and even more grateful to have the whole thing OVER. Of course, Husband wanted to have sex when we got home. All the back slapping and numerous compliments of his amazing performance had definitely gone to his head and he was feeling quite full of himself. I, on the other hand, really needed some stress-relieving down time with a book - Husband CANNOT understand why sex isn't stress-relieving enough...SIGH

6 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Command Performances make me nervous, too. Small talk with strangers is an art form I haven't perfected yet.

They always ask "And what do you do?" I want to puke on their shoes. I can just see them closing up when I say I'm a SAHM. I'm not stupid! I have a life, it just isn't lived at the office! One of these days I'm going to tell them that I sit home and eat bonbons all day just to see what they say.

I'm sure you did great!
LadyBug

1/20/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Wow on what your husband had to do as part of his job. Glad the dinner went well.

I cant make small talk either and iam very shy when first meeting someone.

As for sex, its does everything but calm me down where as with hubby he falls to sleep afterwards :/

Hugs Suz

1/20/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I sure wouldn't want your husband's job.

2 1/2 hours! And then, as a prize for surviving that, you get to go home with a "full-of-himself" male! I'd say you need a better prize. Raise or no-raise, reward yourself...Go Shopping!

1/20/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Why thank you gradual gardener, that's just the encouragement I needed. Ta ta, off to shop! :)

1/20/2006 12:57 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I would be so down with a free fancy dinner. But I agree that having to do the small talk thing is a major pain in the ass. I've gotten better at it over the years, but some people are like a brick wall. Were you able to chat with the boss's wife at all? She may have been just as bored as you!
I missed CSI last night as well ... thank god for TiVo. ;)

1/20/2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous us government grants said...

Do you know or have you ever heard of Gotting Money from us government grants ..If you are interested in finding out how to get more info on us government grants visit us at http://allgrants4u.com... There are so many things you can get grants for.. Homes, school, work, business, college..ect.. Find out how everybody is getting money from us government grants today... Quit living in poverty educate yourself and improve your life..

2/10/2006 2:35 AM  

<< Home