Friday, February 17, 2006

I'd Like a Smaller Ass Please

Oh, this is so cool! Check out this website to see a celebrity photo that has been retouched. It shows you the "before" and "after" and a list of body parts that have been retouched. You can click on each body part and it will show you exactly what was changed and how. Every teenage girl should look at this site. It would probably prevent A LOT of eating disorders and prove that no one can possibly look as good as celebrities are made to look by copious amounts of photo retouching.

Click on the "Retouch" link at the bottom of the web page and then wait for the "loading" message to finish (10 seconds max). You will be so amazed!

And if you want to see actual befores & afters of models you regulary see in magazines and catalogs, check this out - just roll your cursor over the "afters" to see the unretouched version. Pay special attention to the breast enhancements, waist thinning and butt lifts!

It's just so sad this happens. I feel like teenage girls don't even have a chance. They're bombarded with this crap for years and years as they grow up. It has to be hard to develop a positive self image.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

that was a fascinating website. Sad, also. I'm going to show it to my girls tomorrow to show them that if they compare themselves to those magazines, they are comparing themselves to something that doesn't even exist. Glad to see you back! You were missed!

2/19/2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

wow!
that was cool - and a bit sad...

Have a good day!
LadyBug

2/19/2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

That was a very interesting website but also very sad. The magazines these days do put a lot of pressure on teens.

Good to see you back. Hope your migraines are better and even gone. I totally agree about the crabcakes though I have ordered some from QVC before that were so good. I have family in Ellicott City, MD.

Hugs Suz

2/19/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Wow. I could spend hours moving that cursor back and forth.

The really sad thing? Most of these women looked fine before the "re-touching." In the after pictures they just look fake. Plastic. Especially the skin-tones.

2/19/2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I saw that just a couple of weeks ago. It is so sad!! I am fearing the next couple of years when my girls start hitting the tween and teen years. I hope I can boost their confidence enough, but it's going to be an uphill battle!

2/21/2006 8:12 AM  

<< Home