Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Oh wow, I cannot believe it's been over a week since I posted! How I've missed my blogger buddies. Please forgive me for my lack of diligence and don't desert me, a big mea culpa!

It's been one heck of a week. Husband and I flew to Annapolis, MD to visit some friends. He had to give a presentation there for work and I decided to tag along to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in a while. Had a great time - ate crabcakes until I grew claws with pinchers (all the better to pinch Hubby with, hee hee). We lived in between Baltimore and D.C. for several years and have really missed the great seafood. Every place we move to we stupidly try and order "Maryland Crabcakes" at nice restaurants and are ALWAYS disappointed...when will we learn?! There are no good crabcakes outside of MD! I dare you to disagree. Seriously, if you've had better let me know so I can come to your state to try them out.

Anyway, after that I have been plagued by god awful migraines. We've had some very weird weather here in the Midwest - 64 degrees one day and 25 the next. It has been causing havoc in my head...I had one doctor stumped and the second one has diagnosed me with an "aberrant" (don't you love that word) form of a migraine. It's kind of scary - not to mention gross - to throw up in the kitchen sink 'cause you can't make it to the toilet. OK, that was probably an overshare - sorry. But, I got some "magic" pills that are making it all better.

More later...I've missed you all so much! And thanks so much to Gradual Gardener and kimmy and jacob for asking where I was.

4 Comments:

Blogger kdubs said...

AWWWWWI get those terribly. :( My hubby has this awesome way of massaging my face, gently and pushing the pressure points. I can't tell you what that does. It's amazing. ANd now being preggo, I cant take the meds!!!!!!! :( :( I have only had one, and it got under control.... I'm just hoping....

Hugs to you... I'm from the D.C. area!

Cheers,
Kdubs

2/17/2006 9:47 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Ok, I forgive you, but only because I'm sitting here with a glass of wine (which Hubby just came in and refilled for me) and a full tummy of Chinese food. So I'm feeling content, and forgiving. Next time, give us some warning will 'ya? I was starting to wonder how many Katherines there are in Ohio, and how many I'd piss off if I just randomly started calling them...

Glad you're back!

2/17/2006 10:16 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Wow - hope you are feeling better!!
Those crabcakes sound really yummy - did you bring any back for us??
Have a great weekend and I'm sure glad you are back.
LadyBug

2/18/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Glad you're back. I missed seeing your eyes when I commented. :(

Glad you had a great time and were able to visit with friends and eat yummy food. I'm not a seafood fan, so I'll take your word for it.

Migraines suck. I have a migraine type headache every single day. Actually, it's been the same headache since May 1999. Ugh.

Thanks for stopping by. Glad you liked the snowman cartoon. It always makes me smile :p

2/18/2006 3:28 AM  

<< Home