Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Revenge of the Rats

Ever think rats might have a bit of a grudge against us humans?

Oh, just bear with me for a minute. I was reading yet another newspaper article this morning about yet another experiment featuring rats being forced to do something. This particular one involved mazes and, of course, the ever present electric shocks to get the little suckers to do something or other.

Anyhoo, I think we should start to worry a little bit about rats plotting some sort of revenge against us for all the torturing of them we do. Now, I'm not saying that a lot of it isn't for a good cause. I sure hope lives have been saved due to the endless experiments scientists perform on them. I'm just thinking they have to be a little, uh, mad at this point. I mean, they can't be that dumb if they're the ones always used for tests.

In fact, this is all sounding a little familiar now that I've written it out...I'm thinking there was some book I read as a teenager - The Rats of NIMH? Something like that...am I crazy or does anyone else remember this book where rats became super smart??

Yea well, you knew I was a little kooky, this post just confirms it. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

It was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I don't think they were out to get us, though. I seem to remember them trying to get AWAY from us. Doesn't say much for us humans, huh?

2/21/2006 2:59 PM  
Anonymous mar said...

I haven't read that book... rats and mice make me nervous,anyways. Now that I think of it, birds too, nowadays.(Hey, that was a rhyme!) These are the years of living dangerously... (fyi: kir is dry white wine with creme de cassis...)

2/21/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

LOL! Let's hope the rats do NOT get that smart!

2/21/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger Just another American Expat said...

Actually, Googling your title “Revenge of the Rats“ gave me—you guessed it—“Revenge of the Rats…the movie”. Bad news is, it’s not even a good “B” movie…more like “C-“. Maybe you could write a new screen play.

2/21/2006 10:18 PM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

Shades of Algernon. What people would do to themselves, they first try on rats, dogs and chimps. But I think people will generally remain safe from them...until the day those beings become more like humans, who remain the most dangerous beasts on the planet.

2/21/2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't remember anything like that, but now I'm freaked out... LOL

2/22/2006 12:14 AM  
Blogger kdubs said...

I haven't had my coffee yet and you made my morning.

LOL

Kdubs

2/22/2006 7:21 AM  

<< Home