Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thirteen Places I've Been on Vacation

Thirteen Places I've Been on Vacation
  1. Oahu (who wouldn’t like 12 days in Hawaii! It was very special because good friends of ours were renewing their vows and asked us to come and be their witnesses – can’t turn that down.)
  2. Charleston, SC (surprise Valentine’s Day present from my husband who was then my fiancé)
  3. New Orleans (another surprise from my husband for my birthday last year – 3 weeks before Katrina hit)

  4. Half Moon Bay, CA
    (One of the stops on our honeymoon along with San Fran and Napa Valley. We stayed in a very modern B&B that overlooked the ocean. The town was so quaint and beachy. Just fun, relaxing and special.)

  5. Whistler, British Columbia (one of the most beautiful places on earth.)

  6. Windham Hill, VT (near Manchester, home of awesome outlets. Husband and I stayed at the Windham Hill B&B two autumns in a row while living in NY. The views were literally postcard-perfect – mist drifting in front of trees with leaves of every color and the Green Mountains right in front of you.)

  7. Ochos Rios, Jamaica (I actually didn’t like Jamaica because it was hard to see the abject poverty and I didn’t feel safe leaving the resort. However, we had an awesome time with the other couple we went with – lots of drinking at the swim up pool bar. Great resort – it was a Sandals, couples only!)
  8. Scotland (spent a long weekend there when I was in London for a summer and it was like “the land time forgot”. Little thatch cottages with sheep everywhere and green, green rolling hills. Stunning.)

  9. Italy (What made the trip so great is we stayed with family all over the country so we always had great “guides” to show us all the wonderful sights. In 2 ½ weeks, the only restaurant I ate in was a cousin’s pizza place – everyone wanted to cook for us so we were never allowed to eat out, oh darn!)

  10. New Hope, PA (cool little town full of charm, B&Bs and galleries)

  11. Cancun, MX (had an awesome time here even though I really didn’t see much of Cancun because the resort – Fiesta Americana – was so wonderful. Best service I’ve ever had anywhere! This was one of my Husband’s reward trips and it was first class all the way)

  12. St. Thomas (the color of the ocean here was amazing)

  13. Atlantis, Bahamas (this is a “trip to be” that we’re going on in June. Another reward trip of hubby’s so I’m sure it will be great.)

23 Comments:

Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Wow, you've been all over! The furthest I've ever traveled was Jupiter, FL. I wouldn't be able to come up with 13 places...It would be, like, the Thursday Three...

2/23/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Wow you sure have traveled a lot. I would love to go to Hawaii and other places you have mentioned.

Thats sweet that your hubby surprises you a lot.

Happy TT

Hugs Suz

2/23/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger "D" said...

Thats a lot of places! Lucky you! I hope you keep a scrapbook... fun stuff! My 13 are up, have a happy day!

2/23/2006 11:50 AM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Boy, have you traveled! I'm so jealous. lol

Happy TT

2/23/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Nice list! I'm jealous, too. You have been to a lot of great North American destinations.

New Hope is about 50 minutes away from where I live. It is very cute, just as you say!

2/23/2006 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

Great list, I adored the Bahamas and I own property in Cabo San Lucas, MX. I also lived in Skorpios, Greece and miss it a lot.

Happy TT!

2/23/2006 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

OMG I'm soooo jealous! I want to go to Hawaii, Scotland, St. Thomas and the Bahamas too. Maybe someday.

My 13 are up.

2/23/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Killired said...

FINALLY got mine up!

Killired: Thursday 13

2/23/2006 3:49 PM  
Blogger mar said...

It seems you have been busy traveling, what fun! Great memories, too. Thanks for visiting my TT

2/23/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

All your beach getaways are making me want a getaway of my own.

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

2/23/2006 4:18 PM  
Blogger Uisce said...

I think we've probably crossed paths! Well in Vermont, we stayed a weekend in Manchester, but close enough! My 13 are up!

2/23/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger Mama B said...

Wow, you've been to some cool places!!

2/23/2006 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Ardice said...

h, you were lucky to visit New Orleans before Katrina. We rarely go any where, hubby doesn't like to travel. My list is up. I hope you're having a wonderful day. Take Care...

2/23/2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Well, I've been to all 48 continental states, but out of your list I've only been to one of those...Ocho Rios, Jamaica! LOVED it! We stayed at Jamaica Grande resort in Ocho Rios. We did venture out into the market place one day, and I have to admit I was a little nervous, but it was an interesting experience. The ladies were constantly asking to braid my hair for money, and wow those sellers would practically force things on you. But most of the time we were at the resort...there was so much to do there you really didn't need to go anywhere else. We really want to go back for one of our anniversaries, since that is where my hubby proposed :)

Thanks for visiting my TT

2/23/2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger YellowRose said...

I'm so jealous...I want to go to Scotland and Italy so bad!! We are leaving for a Bahamas Cruise in 21 days though so that should be fun!

Thanks for visiting my TT!!

2/23/2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I went to Atlantis in 2004. You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

2/23/2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous JK :) said...

That's a lot of places. I hope I could go to those places too. :)

Happy weekend :)

2/23/2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

You take the best vacations!!

LadyBug

2/23/2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

OHHHH THE ISLANDS. Let's go now.

2/23/2006 11:27 PM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

Wonderful! You need to put together a travel blog.

2/23/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Wow! I'm jealous! I especially want to go to Italy and Scotland! How wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by my 13. Sorry it took me so long to get here. I'm feeling a little better so I'm trying to catch up. Right!

2/24/2006 12:02 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

#13 - I just saw an ad for that and drooled. We've only been to Disneyworld, Nova Scotia (BORING) and Virginia Beach. I am envious!! :)

Hawaii - I will go before I die!

Thanks for stopping by my 13!!

2/24/2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous nancy said...

I wanna travel.

Vermont is beautiful.

I hated Cancun.

Lucky you to see New Orleans, before Katrina.

2/24/2006 12:20 PM  

<< Home