Friday, March 24, 2006

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like These...

I missed a day of posting and I feel so disconnected! Literally and figuratively because I lost my wireless connection Thursday.

Had to spend a couple of hours on the phone with tech support - I put it off for an hour while I drank FOUR cups of coffee to fortify myself. It was 7 am or I would have been hitting the vodka. After trying on bathing suits, talking to tech support is second on my "I'd Rather Poke My Eye Out" list. At least this was our local internet service provider so I wasn't talking to someone in India with a made up American name like "Amanda" or "Phillip" that you know the asshat company forces them to use instead of their real, gasp, foreign name. Really, I don't get that because I don't care what they call themselves as long as I can understand them and they can help me.

So, I talk to one chick who is worthless AND she mumbles so I can't understand her even though she is American. She can't figure out the problem so insists it's a problem with my computer. I finally give up and go to Panera to get online -- and mainline more coffee -- and then call back in 10 mins. Luckily, I get On The Ball Dude who does finally help me out although I need a new wireless router - damn damn!

9 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I know how rage you can feel. I sometimes go to that situation where you call a service line and they keep passing you from one person to another and not one can you understand. If only you can hit them on the line I would do it. Sorry to say but it really pisses you off.
Please visit my site to confirm.

3/24/2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

Totally true. I was fighting with my cable company who had no clue what the problem was beacause they wouldn't let me talk. I finally had to yell
I'm talking now, you shut up.

3/25/2006 7:50 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

Oh don't get me started on support lines. I always buy something now with very low expectations of getting any help from the company and I look mostly at my friends and how much they know about that product.

3/25/2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger kdubs said...

OH I can not stand tech support. Of any kind. That and credit card people. Oh and insurance companies. Boo on them all.

3/25/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I would have filled the bathtub with coffee and climbed in with a straw. I absolutely am nearly suicidal when I have no internet connection and I hate talking to tech support. It freaks me out and makes me jittery.

3/26/2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

At least glad you got it figured out. Funny how hooked we've become on our wireless hookups.

3/26/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger mar said...

I even hate it when the connection is slow, but no internet connection at all is terrible! we have become so dependant...sorry about needing a new router, but at least you know what you need... hope to see you posting soon :¬)

3/27/2006 7:07 AM  
Blogger Norma said...

Good comparison--the bathing suit try-on and tech support.

I stopped by looking for Monday Memories: mine's up http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com/2006/03/monday-memories-grandmas-farm-did-i.html

3/27/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hate dealing with anyone who provides me a "service", an oxymoron term for certain, especially utlility and insurance companies, I PAY them for the ass fuck they give me every time, it makes no sense!

3/27/2006 10:07 AM  

<< Home