Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Memory #2 - The Tooth Fairy

I remember when my Dad told me about the time I was so upset because the Tooth Fairy had failed to show up. Perhaps she was off cavorting with the Easter Bunny.

He said I came out of my bedroom nearly in tears because the Tooth Fairy had forgotten me. Dad had to think fast…He followed me into the bedroom and while I was apparently wailing and carrying on he simultaneously slid his left hand under my pillow grabbing my tooth while depositing a dime on the floor with his right hand. (Yes, one thin dime, people. I know some kids that get $5 these days! No way am I THAT old, gotta be inflation.)

“Why here it is!” he shouted, pointing at the dime. “See, you must have knocked it on the floor when you got up.” I apparently bought that and all was well.


My Dad told me this story just a couple of years ago and we laughed and laughed. Dads are such heroes to little girls, no matter if the little girl grows up, gets married, moves away and has a family of her own - she'll always be "daddy's little girl". I love you Dad!

Monday Memories I Read...If you posted one, let me know and I'll add you.

  1. Lady Bug
  2. Norma
  3. Lazy Daisy
  4. Shelli
  5. Snickerdoodles

12 Comments:

Blogger Mama B said...

Awww, that's a sweet story. Something my husband would do for his girls!!!

3/06/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Ahh....I'm in purple puddles. What a sweet story. Love the picture of you and your dad. Thanks for coming by.

3/06/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

What a sweet story. Beautiful bride with great teeth.

Thanks for visiting my MM.

3/06/2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

What a great story and a beautiful picture!

This toothfairy has forgotten a few times herself. We always got .25. The most my kids have gotten is $1

Hugs Suz

3/06/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

That's a great story...and a sweet tribute to your dad. Thank you for sharing!

My MM is up
http://bupp.blogs.com

3/06/2006 6:20 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

sniff sniff stop! :( My preggo hormones can't take it.

3/06/2006 8:55 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

What a good daddy!!!

Thank you for sharing

I posted my first MM today and am enjoying reading everyone's entries

3/06/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Thanks for coming by my "memory", Katherine!

I miss my Dad. I was his little girl when I was small and then I took a break for a few years because we didn't get along, but towards the end we had an awesome relationship. It makes me wish we hadn't wasted those in between years.

3/06/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

That is soooo sweet. Daddies rock

Link through Shelli. My MM is up

3/07/2006 6:27 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Great memory! And great photo too! I usually do the Monday Memories, but I skipped yesterday.

3/07/2006 11:57 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

I've pulled that trick, on my daughter. I was ALWAYS forgetting to be the Tooth Fairy. Talk about big-time mother guilt!

3/07/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger shelleyginger said...

That is a precious memory Katherine. Dads are so special and the bond with "their little girl" is one that time doesn't fade.

Shelley

http://scooterspeaks.blogspot.com/

3/07/2006 5:59 PM  

<< Home