Friday, March 10, 2006

Muffin Update

Thanks to all of you who read my early morning post this am! It's now 5pm and I'm having a brief rest while the kitchen floor dries from a much needed mop. Why does my dog lick the floor even when there is no food on it?? Drives me crazy! Is it just a lab thing or do all dogs do that?

The muffins turned out well (had to sample one just to be sure, hee hee). They were much more of a challenge than they should have been, however as I forgot the bananas. Yep, BANANA Walnut muffins and I forgot to put them in until I had already filled up the muffin tins. Bleep bleep bleeping muffins! So, I just scooped all the batter back in the bowl, stirred in the bananas and put the mess back in the damn tins.

Oh, and in the midst of my busy day the door rings and I receive a big boquet of hot pink roses from my wonderful husband for no reason at all. I love that man!

I also prepared a sausage egg casserole for tomorrow morning and a fruit salad that will have a vanilla yogurt Grand Marnier sauce. Then I made a yummy Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing and candied walnuts for a salad with Boston Red lettuce, strawberries and goat cheese.

So, here's the Menu!
Bruschetta
Pork tenderloins with onions, sundried tomatoes and prosciuttoin in white wine cream sauce
Roasted potatoes and onions with Asiago, romano and parmesan cheeses
Green Beans Amandine
Above Salad
Graeter's Black Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream (so famous Oprah used to have it flown to Chicago. I guess that was when she was heavier.)

Everyone have a great weekend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Momma Bee said...

YUM!! Sounds delicious. And hey, what a coincidence, I made banana muffins yesterday too! It's one of our favorite things that I make, and the bananas in the fruit bowl were getting way over-ripe, so I thought, what the heck. :)

3/11/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Yummy! I think I'm hungry already.
Will be back.

3/11/2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

It all sounds wonderful!! When's dinner? I'll be there!
LadyBug

3/12/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Cal the Wonderdog said...

I can answer why dogs lick the floor when there is seemingly nothing on it. You see, there WAS at one time something on it there AND we need to lick part of the floor off to get under the wood/linoleum/whatever layer to see if there is a taste of the food still left under that blechy soap you washed it off with.

You should try it and you will understand that sometimes the taste of the floor changes depending what combination of stuff has landed on it - it's fun and cheap entertainment for you and your party guests. Not as good as a tumble in the garbage bin, but we dogs take what we can when we can get it.

Bone Appetit!

Cal

3/12/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

Yum. Can I come over? LOL

3/12/2006 9:42 PM  

<< Home