Thursday, March 16, 2006

Not an Asshat Clown Among 'Em


Happy St. Patrick's Day People!

OK, I'm not Irish, far from it, but from what I know about those Irish - they don't turn anyone down who wants to drink with them and that makes them pretty darn cool in my book. In fact, they're the opposite of "asshats" or "assclowns" - my two new favorite words. (Heard "assclown" last night on that new sitcom set in Chicago called "The Loop".)

Not sure if I should have hypenated those words like "ass-clown" or if they should be two separate words, "ass" and "hat" for example. Any ideas 'cause I hate to be grammatically incorrect when I curse??

But, this post was supposed to be about St. Patty's Day - yippee, an excuse to drink with friends! And, Husband and I actually have friends to drink with, I'm SO excited. We've been invited to a little par-tay and I'm really looking forward to getting to know some people better that we've recently met. 'Cause it's now or never since I suspect we'll be moving shortly. *sigh*

Anyhoo, what is everyone doing to celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

I'd like to leave you with this little Irish proverb I'm awfully fond of, goes something like this:

"What butter and whiskey will not cure, there is not cure for."

8 Comments:

Blogger mar said...

Happy St Patrick's day to you and have a fun par-tay! lol. "We" are not Irish at all and there are no celebrations that I know of around here, but I have only seen green while surfing the net, so I couldn't possibly miss this date. Happy Friday!

3/17/2006 4:16 AM  
Blogger kdubs said...

Drink something green for me!!!!! :)

Cheers,
K

3/17/2006 7:56 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

You should have seen me "As-sh-at" What's that? Ass hat! I love that. Even though I'm not smart enough to pronounce it correctly... I think you did it right. One word. Curse words come out fast like that. Not ass... hat. Right?! ;)

No plans. Nothing whatsoever. Drink some green beer and tell me all about it!

3/17/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

LOL @ the curse words.

Happy St Patrick's Day To You!

I have a late hair appt. today thats about it.

Have fun at the party.

Hugs Suz

3/17/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger JuliaR said...

I shall drink Guinness - a proper Irish beer - when I take Rockwell over to the pub to meet hubby on his way home. Rockwell will NOT have beer.

3/17/2006 3:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

You are hilarious how you were actually able to explain using grammatically correctc curse words. Assclown is a great word. I think I might borrow it for a while. Have a great green beer day!

3/17/2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Hope you had fun!!!

3/19/2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Rex Ferric said...

I'm fairly sure those are unhyphenated compound curse words (well, at least they look better to *me* that way...)

3/20/2006 3:03 PM  

<< Home