Friday, March 10, 2006

Sleepless in Columbus

Yea, so as much as I wish I was Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks was sweeping me off my feet, I'm sleepless not delusional. Darn.

3 am and I can't sleep. I know it's because we're having company for the weekend and I'm stressed about getting all of the cooking and cleaning done. I drive my husband crazy with how stressed out I can get about things like this. But he makes it worse by saying stupid comments like, "Don't fuss. It will all work out." Well sure it will all work out, once I MAKE it work out by planning the menus, buying the food, making what I can ahead of time, cleaning, coming up with activities for us to do, making dinner reservations, etc. Stupid man! He doesn't realize how close I come to smacking him when he says things like that.

I am usually very organized (I love making lists so I can check things off!) and way too much of a perfectionist (someone might notice if I don't dust!). I got off track yesterday though, because I was helping a friend with a project and didn't get one thing done on MY list. Grrrrrrrrr. But, it is more important to help friends than to make Banana Walnut muffins, right? I would rather people remember me for being a good friend than a good cook. Actually, it would be nice if they think BOTH things when the think of me...

If you're still reading, you're a real blogger friend - thank you! I think I can get some sleep now even though I really should go make those muffins.

6 Comments:

Blogger mar said...

Sorry you can't sleep...I just got up! I know the feeling when company is coming, but because I am not very organized...You were so good to help your friend, that's really important and you should feel happy about it. Althought the Banana Walnut muffins sound like a real priority!
Enjoy your weekend :)

3/10/2006 4:45 AM  
Blogger kdubs said...

Ok I was sleepless on the East Coast, future movie? Right. Hormones.

The weekend will be great. It always is but I too, am a nut, :) so I understad. You better post pics!

3/10/2006 8:12 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Have you made the muffins yet?

And don't worry. It will all work out :p

3/10/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Yummm those muffins sound good :-)

Sorry you didnt sleep, hopefully you can get some sleep tonight.

So whats on the menu for the weekend?

Hugs Suz

3/10/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Karina said...

Funny, I have about 12 people coming over tomorrow night, and I found myself wide awake at 5:30 this morning running through my list of to do's. Terrible because A)I am NOT an early riser and B)I had to get to work anyway, so it wasn't like I could get to any of the to do's then anyway. Sigh...

Hope you get the muffins done, and the house ready and all will go fantastic with your guests.

3/10/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Enjoy your guests. I too get stressed out when company is coming. But believe me, my house is never perfect, usually I'm lucky if I can get all the stacks of papers off the kitchen table and toys off the living room floor. And having both done at the same time is a real miracle! LOL

3/10/2006 5:15 PM  

<< Home