Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thirteen Things About How I Met My Husband

Thirteen Things About How I Met My Husband

1. It was a blind date.

2. Although we both worked at the same company I had never even seen him (or didn’t notice if I had, oops) but he later said he knew exactly who I was.

3. A mutual friend got him to call me by telling him she’d already told me he would.

4. We got engaged after only 3 ½ months of dating. (I was 30 and he was 28, we KNEW and it was wildly romantic.)

5. My brother’s nasty now EX-wife was so sure we wouldn’t last that she refused to name us as their son’s legal guardian. (I’m his only aunt and he has no uncles, yet she insisted he go to some cousin my nephew doesn’t even know. Beeyatch, we don’t miss you.)

6. We’ve been married 6 ½ years.

7. The evening he proposed he sprinkled rose petals in a trail from the front door to the dining room table where there was a big bouquet of red roses.

8. I had just gotten home from a week long cruise with girlfriends. He came to the airport to pick us all up and passed them a note behind my back that said “Don’t come into the house when we get back.”

9. He had the ring in its box hidden on the floor behind a plant, ready to whip out as he was proposing.

10. My cats found the box beforehand and started batting it around. By the time he noticed, they had left several bite marks on the box. I found that hysterical and have kept the box to this day.

11. He picked the ring out himself and did an amazing job – princess cut center stone with a trillion on each side set in platinum.

12. I love him even more now than I did then and I didn’t think that was possible.

13. Several years before I met my husband, a Tarot card reader in New Orleans told me I’d meet a man that would put me on a pedestal. I did.

If you posted a Thursday Thirteen today, let me know and I'll be sure to stop by. Thanks for reading mine!

27 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Aw how sweet! I especially liked how he proposed -- the rose petals!!! He sounds like a keeper, and I wish you a lifetime of happiness.
My thirteen are up.

3/09/2006 12:48 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

You have very smart cats!

3/09/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Awww, that is so sweet! LOL @ the cats! They knew that sucker in there was set in platinum! My hubby picked me a great ring too, actually sounds a lot like yours! hee hee! :)

My TT list is up too!

3/09/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

How sweet and rose petals---wow! You are blessed!

Mine are up.

3/09/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Lucy's Dilemma said...

Sweet! Your courtship sounds remarkably similar to mine with my husband! We knew almost immediately that we were "it" for one another! :) Very nice list.

I'm Up!

3/09/2006 11:03 AM  
Blogger TheMartins said...

Oh that is such a wonderful story to share for YEARS to come!!! Great 13!! !

My TT is up too. :)

3/09/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Aren't hubby's the best gift in the world. I chose hubby as my list topic today. Life is sweet!

3/09/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger TNChick said...

blind date only after 3 months... it must be love!

i married my high school sweetheart in 1993 after dating for two years :)

3/09/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Awwwwww...that is SO sweet!!!

You lucky woman!

Mine are up!

Denise

3/09/2006 12:15 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

Now that's truly a romantic story - a blind date and you've been married for over six years!! I'll have to write that down in my story ideas folder. lol

And the way he proposed!! *swoon* He's a keeper! :D

Mine are up.

3/09/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I love the rose petal stuff--and cute kitty story to remember. Thanks for sharing.

My TT is up.

3/09/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Stacie said...

I loved reading this! A very sweet story. Thank you for sharing it with us! mine are up. Stacie

3/09/2006 1:12 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

What a sweet list! Too funny about the cats finding the ring box. I love it when something like that happens that you can look back on later and laugh.

My TT is up
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

3/09/2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Heather Smith said...

awwww! That's a sweet story!
Mine are up here and here!

3/09/2006 3:43 PM  
Anonymous Chickadee said...

My hubby and I pretty much knew after about 2 months of dating that we were going to get married, though we waited close to 2 years before tying the knot. When you know, you know. :)

My 13 are up.

3/09/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Happy TT

Aww how sweet, Love this TT list! That stinks about #5! LOL @ the cats.

Hugs Suz

http://goinons.blogspot.com/

3/09/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

That is soooooooooo cute!

3/09/2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That is soo cool! :) You are very lucky. And whoa on the tarot card reader!

3/09/2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Himself and I were introduced by mutual friends and began as penpals. It'll be 18 years married in October.

It was a lovely TT. Thanks for sharing :)

Elle x
http://bellis.blogon.com

3/09/2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Ahh....I'm in purple puddles. How sweet and romantic. My TT are up.

3/09/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

How sweet! I loved reading that. Engaged after 3 1/2 months and married for more than 6 years. That's awesome! What did that nasty ex SIL know? Glad she's gone, too!

My 13 are up!

3/09/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

met my husband of 23 years on a blind date too. nice list!
mine is at http://adventuresinjuggling.blogspot.com/

3/09/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Thank you sO much for stopping by my TT yesterday! I have thoroughly enjoyed your EVER so romantic list this week! What a KEEPER you got! Whoo!

3/10/2006 12:04 PM  
Blogger Texas_Ivy10 said...

I loved your list! How romantic!

3/10/2006 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Momma Bee said...

Very sweet, and fun to read! I'll have to try this theme next week...my 13 were a bit late (and a bit boring) this week, but they're up...

3/11/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

That's so sweet. And nausiating to us permently single people. But really sweet. I am just getting around to reading everyone's TT that I have bookmarked. Sorry it took so long. You are now linked on mine And I added you to my blogs to read.

3/12/2006 3:15 AM  
Blogger mar said...

I love romantic stories!! thanks for visiting my TT (I am catching up!)

3/12/2006 7:08 AM  

<< Home