Monday, March 20, 2006

To Kill A Mockingbird

It's happening, it's happening!! And I KNEW it. I told Husband on Friday that I had a premonition, a feeling, an itch - I just knew we were going to hear something, and today we did. I'll have my 900 number up and running soon folks, so don't despair.

Beep Beep Beep - that's me backing up to the beginning. I've mentioned several times that there have been all sorts of rumors about Husband and I moving. These birds have been singing on and off for about three months and Friday I guess I heard a parrot screaming "You're moving! You're moving! ha ha ha"

Husband calls me today and says he was just told to be in Charlotte, NC on Wednesday for The Big Meeting. Then the bomb drops - of course, this doesn't mean the job is in Charlotte, oh no, that's just where all the people that need to be in on this can easily get to on this particular Wednesday. WTF?? Yes, that's right, Husband's interviewing in a day in a half but doesn't know exactly what job he's interviewing for or where the job will be. Gotta love Assclowns Are Us Corporation. They make it so easy to bash them. And btw, don't you just love how I'm incorporating "asshat" and/or "assclown" into every post now?

So, I'm happy Husband has a good chance at a promotion, but as I JUST mentioned in my Weekend Sum Up post, on Friday we had the most fun we've had since moving here (a whole year and a half ago). So, it just makes sense that we have to say goodbye to these people that we were becoming good friends with. I'm feeling a little bittersweet here...hmm, bittersweet reminds me of chocolate and now is a great time to eat some, see ya

8 Comments:

Blogger Shelli said...

I can't imagine how you deal with it, moving all the time. It must be difficult. I have lived within 15 minutes of the place where I was raised for my entire life. Maybe somewhere in between would be the best way since I sometimes get a little wanderlust.

3/20/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

Sorry the move is stressful for you.

It's rad you can laugh.

So... can you tell me whether Im' having a girl or a boy?

LOL.

3/20/2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

Oh what a drag. I have moved so many times in my life. I can only hope that you find good friends - quickly - in your new home, and stay there for a while.

my mm

3/20/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger David said...

The address didn't work for some reason. Check your previous comment please.

3/20/2006 9:49 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I hope you like your new place, maybe it's closer to home. I wonder why all the secrecy.

3/20/2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Well that just stinks that you still dont know. I dont think i could handle moving so much.

Good luck to your hubby. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate!

Hugs Suz

3/20/2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger wordgirl said...

Man! Everyone is moving...or so it seems. Hope it winds up as something good for youl

3/20/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Moving is really sad especially when you have gotten comfortable with the people around. But I'm sure you'll be doing fine there. You seem to be nice person to get along with.

3/21/2006 6:24 AM  

<< Home