Sunday, March 19, 2006

Weekend Sum Up

Good Weekend!

Friday night we went to a new friend's house who was having a wine tasting - it was NOT as "frou frou" as it sounds. I mean, we were drinking wine out of paper bags! Everyone brought two bottles and she put them in paper bags so we couldn't see what they were and then we had to guess Merlot, Chardonnay, Grape Juice, etc.

I'm not a huge wine drinker so I stuck to my martoonies, thank you very much. It was the most fun Husband and I have had since moving here 1 1/2 years ago. Pathetic, I know, but good, fun friends aren't easy to come by. I just hope they won't forget about us when we move away. They know we're moving but I've purposely kept it very vague, just saying "sometime this year" (which is really all I know anyway!) Plus, we'll be back in about 3 years as this is where Asshat Corporate Headquarters are.

Saturday night we went to a surprise birthday party at a nice restaurant for a guy Husband works with. His wife planned the whole thing and did a great job - she didn't make it a "work" thing. In other words, she didn't invite his boss or anyone just because of their job title. Instead, she kept it small and invited only people she knew her husband would enjoy spending time with. Wow, what a novel concept! Love it.

I didn't know anyone and was a bit uncomfortable 'cause I hate making small talk but I was proud of myself for really trying. Usually I stick to Husband like glue and he is nice enough not to mind, but last night I left his side for pretty much the entire night so he could talk to "the guys" while I mingled with the ladies.

Weekend Observation: Why is it a rule in Catdom that all puking must occur on carpet, preferably in at least three different places, and preferably while their people are still in bed sleeping off their hangovers?? Bad kitties, bad!

6 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Cats must puke on carpet. They have a universal cat puking rule... And they must puke where their humans will definitely step in it with bare feet...

Glad you had fun this weekend. You mingled and everything... Good for you!! I hate to mingle, too... I stick like glue to Mr. Bug - he talks so I don't have to... :-)

I'm the quiet one, can you tell?
LadyBug

3/19/2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Glad you had a nice time with new friends this weekend. Great friendships start with an initial meeting.

Cats pick three different spots so they can amuse themselves watching their minions clean up after them.

3/19/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

ewwwww may be this is why i dont have a cat.

fun times at the wine tasting!

3/19/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

I used to love wine tasting parties and the beer tasting. Probably I liked beer tasting the most. All those imported and flavored beers always intrigued me.

Glad you had a great weekend and thanks for dropping by my beach. You are welcome anytime.

3/19/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I love the whole cat puking thing. They always seem to puke the most only when I am around to clean it up, too.

Good for you, trying to be friendly without hubby. Being shy, I know how hard that can be sometimes. I hope you had a great time!

3/19/2006 11:44 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

YOu doing a MM??

Mine's up!!

Cheers girlie,
K

3/20/2006 8:39 AM  

<< Home