Weekend Wrap Up
Ok, a little update here - I'm not doing so well on my Lenten resolution to have more patience. *sigh* It's just so dang hard when there are so many stupid people out there.
1. For example, in Missouri two public library branches moved a children's book about two male penguins raising a baby penguin to the nonfiction section after parents complained it had homosexual undertones. Personally, I think these parents should be forced to wear t-shirts saying "I overreact often and I'm prejudiced" in front of their children. In case you'd like to check this terribly harmful book out, it's called "And Tango Makes Three". It's based on a true story about penguins Roy and Silo (Oh my God, they're both MALE), who adopt an abandoned egg at the Central Park Zoo in New York City in the 1990s. Those dirty boys!
• Salty Caramel
• Dark Cocoa Gelato
• Dark Cocoa Peppermint
• Bitter Orange Caramel
• Goat's Cheese with Figgy Conserve
• Lavendar and Wild Blueberry
• Berries and Burgundy Sorbet
Worth it I'm sure, but how the hell would I know?? Sure, I could wait until next weekend but as we know, I have a patience problem.
3. Ok, last thing 'cause even I'm sick of my whining at this point. Husband insisted (really, he did!) that I replace the bad karma bracelet I returned. I was very excited and dragged him to FIVE jewelry stores on Saturday. Poor man, I'm sure he'd rather hammer a nail into his hand, but HE doesn't have a patience problem like me. Well, I saw many lovely things but I didn't find anything I thought was a good enough value to actually pull the trigger on. Everything seemed way overpriced (even for jewelry which has like a 200% markup) and I just couldn't justify parting with the money. But, I will continue my search and I'm sure you're gonna have to hear about it...