Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What Would You Do If...

And I thought yesterday was stressful... (no word on where we're moving or when btw)

I shot out of bed this morning at 5 a.m. grabbing at my own bare wrist, panting, incoherent, and hopping from foot to foot.

Bad dream? no.

Spider bite? no.

Slept on my wrist wrong plus I really had to pee? no

Realized my 2 day old very expensive diamond bracelet was missing? f&%@ yes!

I fled the bedroom before Husband got out of the shower so I could search the house. Maybe I could find it without him ever knowing it was gone - if it was even in the house. heh heh

Got busted coming back in the bedroom empty handed. Shamefully confessed - we hadn't even scheduled it on the insurance policy yet! Background: husband got a nice bonus from work and after buying himself some suits felt so guilty (I don't know why, I wouldn't have!) that he actually offered to buy me jewelry - this NEVER happens.

So, we tear the bed apart searching...clothes hamper gets emptied next...coat closet follows...couch cushions fly through the air - I was really hopeful on this one.

No luck. As Huband's walking out the door and I'm drinking my sixth cup of coffee 'cause it's too early for vodka he shouts, "Tell me that you love me!" and brandishes the bracelet he picked up off the floor. The floor!

10:00 a.m. finds me at the store returning the sparkly inciter of agony. I just couldn't look at that thing on my wrist anymore with any joy. Yep, I know I'm a weirdo but I didn't trust the clasp after that and indeed when I returned it, the jewelry store manager checked it and said it was defective. Of course he tried to push me into letting them put a different clasp on for free, but by then I was just done with the thing. Bad karma vibes were radiating off it and we all know that karma, she's a bitch.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

You sound like me with the keys. Granted, they are cheaper than a bracelet, but I am forever losing them. I leave them in the door at least four times a week, with Paul walking throught he door, my keys in hand, asking if I wanted a murderer or rapist to come visit me. Not nice, but definitely makes me laugh everytime. I feel you pain.

3/01/2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

That feeling is just the worst in the world... the unmistakeable panic that starts in your belly and explodes in your brain in about .02 seconds... Returning the bracelet was a great idea. It isn't worth the worry.
xo
LadyBug

3/01/2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

Get something different! :)

3/01/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

" I'm drinking my sixth cup of coffee 'cause it's too early for vodka"

This was too much and I can so relate.

So glad you found it and you now have peace :)

3/01/2006 9:07 PM  
Blogger LadyNova said...

goodness! I can totally see me doing something like that (the whole jumping out of bed, oh god something is wrong sort of thing! LOL)

But glad you found it! I agree with the above poster tho - I would have picked out some nice earrings or something! LOL

BTW - I was directed here by Wendy ;)

3/01/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I would have freaked, and my husband would have, don't even want to go there! Glad you found it, don't blame you for taking it back!

Wendy directed me here today.

I need to go on a diet after all the cookies and brownies I've had today!

3/01/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I hate that sick feeling when you realize you have lost a piece of expensive jewelry. I don't blame you for taking it back.

3/01/2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm glad you found the defective bracelet and returned it. What good is it if it only brings you guilt or bad feelings? I mean... you can get something you love way more. Right? ;)

3/02/2006 2:09 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Now buy yourself something big, that would be harder to lose. A jacuzzi, maybe?

3/02/2006 8:15 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I know exactly what you mean and why you returned it! I would have done the same thing, although I'd have interpreted the bracelet as a traitorous whore rather than a karmic divergence, lol. Thanks for stopping by my site today!

3/02/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Wow on the bracelet, I probably would of taken it back also. I wouldnt of been able to enjoy it after that.

Hugs Suz

3/02/2006 2:32 PM  

<< Home