Friday, April 07, 2006

Don't Leave Me!


Geesh! Anyone else have a dog that is afraid of thunderstorms? My guy shakes and pants and does NOT want to be left alone. Missed my Pilates class this morning - a little annoyed but can't be mad at him. I mean look at those eyes - could you be mad?? I really did try to leave. Had my coat on, keys in hand, but then he just looked at me and started barking. Clearly, he was saying, "Don't leave me!" So, I didn't. I tried some homeopathic drops I bought at the dog groomers but they didn't work at all. Any ideas?

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I let my cat hide in the linen closet when she hears thunder, but it doesn't look like that would work for your big guy :-)

4/07/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

Play really loud music so he can't hear the thunder?

My mom's Golden Retriever is afraid of thunder, construction noises, fireworks, etc. She hides in the bathtub when she get's scared. It was REALLY bad when they re-did the bathroom, since they were making all kinds of noise IN HER BATHTUB. Poor thing.

4/07/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Awww, what a cute dog you have! I don't have a dog, and the cat is outside, so I don't have any advice on that.

4/07/2006 1:28 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

We used to have a doberman who was a big sissy in storms. She jumped through our kitchen window once out of fright!

4/08/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger Carmen said...

I think it's an animal thing. My cat doesn't particularly like them either, but he hides under the bed.

What a precious puppy. You couldn't possibly leave him alone in a storm! :)

4/08/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

Aww he looks so cute there.

I have 2 cats and 2 dogs and they could care less if there was a storm or not.

Hugs Suz

4/10/2006 8:22 PM  

<< Home