Monday, April 24, 2006

Get Me Off This Rollercoaster

Wow!! What a ride.

Two weeks ago Husband found out he DID get the promotion to Virginia - YIPPEE - and it has been quite a roller coaster ride since then. Asshat Corporation said he could not tell anyone, though, and everything must be kept hush hush to the point where he wasn't even allowed to contact the relocation department. This meant we couldn't contact a realtor here to sell our house or a realtor in VA to start looking for one there. Oh, but they'd like him to start in 1 1/2 weeks!

After a week of me bitching, he talks with the new boss in VA who OKs contacting the relo dept. and realtors as long as it's kept Top Secret. Whatever. In a company as large as Asshat Corporation, there is no way any secret is ever kept. But all I really cared about was getting this house on the market and buying another one, otherwise Husband and I would be living very far apart for a long time.

So, last Wednesday we drove to Richmond and managed to purchase a spec home in one day which will be ready in 3 weeks. woo hoo! We beat our previous home buying records of two and three days. Luckily, our tastes are very similar and we can walk into a house and know in 2 minutes whether it's even worth going upstairs or not.

Now I am back in Ohio and Husband is working in VA until we officially move there in 3 weeks. Thanks goodness the company will buy our house if we don't sell it, because I think the chances of it selling in 3 weeks are nil.

Other than that, the news here is that my cat Hobbes apparently has a huge hairball that he's trying to get rid of by throwing up daily. Joy!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

Wow, what a fast turnaround! Good luck with the coming move.

4/24/2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

yeowch that's fast. Do you get to learn all the secret ninja moves from the government?

4/24/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

Congratultions on finding something so fast and on your husbands promotion.

4/24/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger Writer Mom said...

I am in awe. If my husband finds out how quickly one can relocate to Richmond, we just might end up neighbors.
Keep us updated on the new place!
Good luck & congrats!

4/24/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Wow!
I bought mine in 2 days and I thought that was pretty fast. You beat me by a mile!!
Congrats on finding something you like so quickly.
Richmond isn't too far - maybe we can meet half way for lunch some time!
LBC

4/24/2006 10:11 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

Good for you and good luck with the move. I hope that everything goes well.

4/24/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger mar said...

I am slowly catching up...! fast decisions, huh? good luck with the move!!! I didn't know what a spec home was, I googled it!

4/25/2006 1:36 AM  

<< Home