Sunday, April 16, 2006

MEME - Six Weird Facts About Me

OK, I've been tagged by Chaotic Mom to share six weird things about myself.

1) I actually like to work out

2) I am addicted to cereal - any kind - and have no problem eating it for 3 meals a day, especially if Husband is gone and I don't have to cook.

3) When I find a CD or song that I like I will play it obsessively over and over every day - could be for months - and not listen to any other music. Right now it's the James Blunt "Back to Bedlam" CD - love it!

4) I can't stand it if my nails look bad. I have a nail file hidden in just about every room. If I have polish on and it chips, I'll either repair the chip or remove the polish altogether. I rarely get professional manicures because they don't usually live up to my ridiculous standards but I do like getting pedicures, go figure.

5) I'm shy to the point where if I walk in somewhere and don't know anyone, I've been know to leave vs. trying to meet people. Ridiculous!

6) I decided in 4th grade I didn't want kids and I've never changed my mind. No, nothing weird happened in 4th grade that I recall. Let me be clear on the fact that I DO like kids; I just don't have any maternal instincts. I think you have to have a desire to want kids at the very least before bringing them into this world. I don't feel that desire and I don't really know why. I've revisited the issue a lot as I near the "age of no return", but I just don't feel IT, whatever the it may be. And, I'm not about to have a child because my parents and inlaws want grandkids, my brother wants a niece/nephew, I'd have someone to take care of me in my old age, I might regret it later, and the million other reasons I've been told as to why I should.

I don't like to officially "tag" anyone in case they don't want to play. So anyone who can think of 6 weird facts about themselves - feel free to play along. Enter your name below ONLY IF YOU'RE PLAYING, otherwise, please leave a comment.


6 Comments:

Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Of the things you wrote I do not consider it weird that you chose to not want children. I think it is great that you recognize in yourself somethng that does not want to be a mom and have stood firm to that fact. Giving in under pressure and then having a child is a very hard thing to do. Raising kids when you want them is very hard to do. As for the working out, now that is weird!!

4/16/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

I already got tagged... I'll post in the morning.

I don't think you are particulary weird. I like to work out - well, let me rephrase that... I like how I feel when I'm finished working out. My sis doesn't want kids and I think it is a good decision. You need to do what is right for you. Aunties are way more fun anyway!!

Hope you had a good Easter!
LBC

4/16/2006 9:46 PM  
Blogger Just another American Expat said...

Belated Easter Greetings

4/17/2006 2:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I share 3, 4, and 5 with you. I'm getting better at 5, but I can still be pretty shy. Have a great Monday!

4/17/2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger rpm said...

I am so there with you on NO. 6. It's nice to hear someone feel the same way I do.

4/18/2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger The Gradual Gardener said...

My sister decided at about the same age as you that she didn't want children. Her former fiance, who wanted a whole houseful, talked her into having one, which she agreed to only as long as he was the one who stayed home to raise it. Fortunately they broke up before that happened-childhood's hard enough without having a mother who's not really into it. Sis is now happily married, and happily childless. She makes a great aunt, though-I'll bet you do too!

4/20/2006 2:56 PM  

<< Home