Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday Memory #6 - Easter!


I have such great memories of Easter when my brother and I were kids. Both sets of grandparents and my Aunt would make the drive from Pittsburgh to Bloomington, IL (10 hrs!) to visit us. We would be spoiled rotten.

Of course, Easter baskets then and now are very different! We would get the basket with the colored plastic "grass" (loved that!) and we each got one big chocolate bunny and some jelly beans. Then we would find the plastic eggs that came apart which would have more candy and some times a few coins inside - very exciting at the time! We loved it.

One Easter in particular my brother and I decided WE would hide the eggs and make the adults find them. I think we were 8 and 9 at the time. It seems so silly now, but we had such fun watching our parents and grandparents search for the eggs! And they were such good sports about it - going up and down the steps in search of them.

Sadly, I no longer have any grandparents living and I miss them like crazy. I do have my dear Aunt Mary who always had loads of time to play with my brother and I and even though I won't see her this Easter I'll be sure to call her and say, "Remember when...".




9 Comments:

Blogger Norma said...

I did Easter memories today too. What wonderful times we had, right?

My MM is up.

4/10/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

What a great reminder. I, too, loved my childhood Easters. I miss them so much. We're all spread out accross the country now, so there's just no way to have it be even remotely the same.

4/10/2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

What a great reminder. I, too, loved my childhood Easters. I miss them so much. We're all spread out accross the country now, so there's just no way to have it be even remotely the same.

4/10/2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Aw, that's sweet! That's so cool they looked all over for the eggs for you :-)

4/10/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger Mama Kelly said...

may you have a very happy holiday this year

my mm is up

4/10/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

What a wonderful memory. I had Easter baskets like that when I was a child and my kids get ones liek that now. I love the colored plastic grass and chocolate bunnies and so on.

Hugs Suz

4/10/2006 8:24 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Ahhh...I'm in purple puddles just thinking about it. btw...did you know that putting plastic easter grass in your sister's trunk is a gift that will keep on giving for years to come...just a thought@

4/10/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

Great memory. Brings back many more. Thanks.

4/10/2006 10:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That's a great memory. My brother and I used to get so excited about Easter when we were little. We'd beg our parents to hide the eggs for us over and over and over, until they finally just said "ENOUGH"! We never go tired of that.

4/10/2006 10:59 PM  

<< Home