Thursday Thirteen - Feel Good Things
Thirteen Favorite “Feel Good” Products
1. Bare Minerals makeup. Love it! Will never use “regular” foundation again. A friend turned me on to this line about 5 years ago and I’m addicted.
2. Sephora is a fabulous makeup/perfume/hair product store that has just about every line you can think of. I was thrilled to find out yesterday that they are putting stores inside JC Penneys, so there should be a store available no matter where I move to!
3. MAC eyeshadow. Unbeatable. Once you put their eye shadow on, it does NOT come off or smudge.
4. Benetint. I’ve been seeing this stuff advertised for years but finally just tried it. Love it! Gives your cheeks a very natural flush, like you just exercised had great sex.
5. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth for nails. I have tried EVERY nail product out there, including the very expensive Nailtiques line, I’m telling ya, nothing works like this stuff. I’ve been using it for 15 years.
6. OPI Nail Polish. Again, I’ve tried ‘em all – I give myself a manicure every week and this polish doesn’t chip nearly as quickly as others.
7. Lip Fusion XL. Holy cow this stuff actually works! It’s a lip plumping treatment you just swipe on before you go to bed. In about 2 weeks you’ll notice fuller lips – I kid you not. Supposed to be the only non-injectable lip treatment that actually puts more collagen into your lips
8. Tend Skin. I use this on my bikini line when forced to wear a swimsuit and it really does get rid of the red bumps/ingrown hair.
9. Biosilk Silk Therapy. Absolutely great for de-frizzing your hair and making it very glossy. It’s expensive, but you only need a little.
10. Rembrandt Whitening Strips for your teeth. They stay on better than Crest Whitestrips and they’re less expensive.
11. Vibraderm. I am addicted! No, it’s not a fancy vibrator but a skin treatment – much like microdermabrasion but without any of the discomfort. It feels like a face massage and helps in getting rid of brown spots from sun damage, exfoliates, and gets rid of fine lines. You can get it at a dermatologist’s office or a “medical” spa.
12. Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Mask. This stuff dries up pimples in a hurry! I use it as a spot treatment more than a mask. Husband is always amused when I get into bed with lumps ‘o clay on my face.
13. Lancome’s Hypnôse perfume. I first smelled it on one of those annoying magazine inserts and was hooked. I kept rubbing the paper on my wrists for days – way past the point where there was any fragrance left! I finally went and bought it – passion flower, vanilla and vetiver, whatever that is.