Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday Thirteen - Feel Good Things


Thirteen Favorite “Feel Good” Products

1. Bare Minerals makeup. Love it! Will never use “regular” foundation again. A friend turned me on to this line about 5 years ago and I’m addicted.

2. Sephora is a fabulous makeup/perfume/hair product store that has just about every line you can think of. I was thrilled to find out yesterday that they are putting stores inside JC Penneys, so there should be a store available no matter where I move to!

3. MAC eyeshadow. Unbeatable. Once you put their eye shadow on, it does NOT come off or smudge.

4. Benetint. I’ve been seeing this stuff advertised for years but finally just tried it. Love it! Gives your cheeks a very natural flush, like you just exercised had great sex.

5. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth for nails. I have tried EVERY nail product out there, including the very expensive Nailtiques line, I’m telling ya, nothing works like this stuff. I’ve been using it for 15 years.

6. OPI Nail Polish. Again, I’ve tried ‘em all – I give myself a manicure every week and this polish doesn’t chip nearly as quickly as others.

7. Lip Fusion XL. Holy cow this stuff actually works! It’s a lip plumping treatment you just swipe on before you go to bed. In about 2 weeks you’ll notice fuller lips – I kid you not. Supposed to be the only non-injectable lip treatment that actually puts more collagen into your lips

8. Tend Skin. I use this on my bikini line when forced to wear a swimsuit and it really does get rid of the red bumps/ingrown hair.

9. Biosilk Silk Therapy. Absolutely great for de-frizzing your hair and making it very glossy. It’s expensive, but you only need a little.

10. Rembrandt Whitening Strips for your teeth. They stay on better than Crest Whitestrips and they’re less expensive.

11. Vibraderm. I am addicted! No, it’s not a fancy vibrator but a skin treatment – much like microdermabrasion but without any of the discomfort. It feels like a face massage and helps in getting rid of brown spots from sun damage, exfoliates, and gets rid of fine lines. You can get it at a dermatologist’s office or a “medical” spa.

12. Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Cooling Mask. This stuff dries up pimples in a hurry! I use it as a spot treatment more than a mask. Husband is always amused when I get into bed with lumps ‘o clay on my face.

13. Lancome’s Hypnôse perfume. I first smelled it on one of those annoying magazine inserts and was hooked. I kept rubbing the paper on my wrists for days – way past the point where there was any fragrance left! I finally went and bought it – passion flower, vanilla and vetiver, whatever that is.



23 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

One of these days...I will try all of this stuff. Especially MAC. I've heard so many good things about it!

If you want to change your template, you can do a search on Google for "Free Blogger templates" (or you can pay for one, but I can't do that right now :) ). I used http://blog-templates.ravasthi.name/ this time, but there are tons out there. In my blogroll is Denise at Mental Excrements and she offers some too (linkware).

Back up the one you are using now, and copy and paste the HTML from the new one into this one. You will have to add everything back in that you've added (blogroll, Flickr, etc...) but it's not hard at all. I hit preview before I submit the changes just to make sure it's not messed up. If you need help, you can email me and I'll be more than happy to help. :)

4/13/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger FrogLegs said...

I love MAC! :) And OPI polish-- haven't tried the others... maybe I should! Happy TT!

4/13/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I thought I used a lot of products on my face, but I don't use any of these. I will try to try some of them. My TT is up.

4/13/2006 9:51 AM  
Anonymous Dariana said...

Ooooh, I love Sephora and Mac. What a great list to you have. Thanks for visiting mine, Happy TT!

4/13/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger "D" said...

I love bare minerals! I want to try that perfume now though!

4/13/2006 10:28 AM  
Blogger David said...

Not being a metro sexual, I can only depend on wind blasted sand, salt water, fridged artic air and some sunshine to give me my facials.

Oh! and lots of puppy kisses (licks). Keelin was recalled for formal training last Monday and we donated Spirit the little female also. It is sad and lonley with those two gone but reading your blogs help cheer me up.

Happy Easter

4/13/2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Harridan said...

I do so love reading what products people use! I am a MAC devotee as well (the shadows, the lipstick, but I don't care for the face powder). Thanks for sharing these!

4/13/2006 10:38 AM  
Blogger stacey said...

Hmmm, I may have to try a few of these...
My TT is up.
Have a blessed Easter!

4/13/2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous poopydigs said...

My husband won't let me walk into Sephora with a credit card. I love that store too much.

4/13/2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

MAC eyeshadow sounds great. I don't think they sell any of that stuff over here though (Netherlands). I wonder if you can order it online. Depending on the price/shipping of course :)

4/13/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh my!
Mac, Sephora, Biosilk, Tend skin!
Have you been in my vanity cabinet or what?????
;)

4/13/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I've wanted to try number 1 so now I'll have to.

4/13/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, that's quite a list...I took notes. Nice to know what works and what doesn't. Happy Easter.

4/13/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger Suzy said...

I love Sephora! That is cool that you are getting one so close by.

4/13/2006 3:46 PM  
Blogger Master Enigma said...

Well I can say that I have never used one of those products.. *grin*

My own 13 is wondering if it needs a makeover over at http://akaenigma.blogspot.com/

4/13/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Haven't tried any of those. I don't know that you can get many of them in Australia :(

Thanks for visiting my 13.

Happy Easter.

4/13/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Attila The Mom said...

That Sulfer Mask sounds fabulous!

Thanks for posting it!

4/13/2006 7:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I am OBSESSED with Bare Minerals makeup. It is the best.

4/13/2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

I absolutely LOVE Bare Minerals.

I have to second lisa's suggestions for free blog templates at Mental Excrement's site. They're great. She offers others at a low cost, too.

4/13/2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

I should try the polish. I always paint my toes so my bare feet aren't so scary to look at on the pool deck and it always chips. It would be nice to have stuff that actually stays on! :)

4/13/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Someday I will get a clue about this stuff. I don't wear makeup very often. When I do, people are usually shocked... I wonder if that's a good thing...
LBC

4/13/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Shelli said...

I used to use mud mask as spot pimple treatment, too. I am glad that I am not the only one. I, too, have heard so many good things about MAC. I didn't know where you could buy it but apparently around here it is only available at Marshall Fields and Nordstroms. At least that is according to the link I followed from your site.

My 13 are up. Sorry it took me so long to get here. I have been working a lot.

4/14/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Super great TT - and thanks for explaining what they are good for. I will surely try them.
My TT is up too!
Drop by.

4/21/2006 3:16 PM  

<< Home