Saturday, April 29, 2006

Yes, But Can it Chill in 10 Minutes??

Oh the joys of buying a fridge over the phone.

Husband is in VA working while I remain in Ohio until the house there is ready. We need a refrigerator for the new house. So I have been checking Consumer Reports and spending hours online comparing this fridge and that one. What it comes down to is the "look". There's a chick for ya...I don't care how fast it makes ice, I just want a pretty refrigerator.

And darn it, I think I deserve it for giving up my friends and beautiful home here and schlepping across the country for him.

Anyway, I thought I was quite clear in my instructions to Husband about what I wanted. So imagine my surprise when he called saying he had purchased a different frig. A frig that is stainless steel like I wanted but has black handles and a black ice/water dispenser. Say what?? That is not the "pretty" frig I described to him. I wanted ALL stainless for a lovely monochromatic look. He thought it would be more important to have the "super chiller" feature that can chill food in 10 minutes. "Why do we need this?", I ask him. "Uh, well, I just thought it would be nice", he says. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, long suffering Husband will be going back to Home Depot this morning to try again. I'm trying to feel a little guilty about this, but as I lay in bed this morning looking at the gorgeous view of the sun rising over the lake behind our house, all I can think of is, "Damn him for making me leave this!"

8 Comments:

Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Really - why don't they just follow directions and get us what we want??? Is it really that hard?

LadyBug

4/29/2006 9:06 AM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

That sounds TOO familiar.
My husband came home with a DVD player that will NOT play multi regions even though that was the ONLY thing I told him to make sure of.
Now I have all these DVDS from the States I CANT play duh lol.
Auditions
start tomorrow

4/29/2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Aw hang in there. :)

4/29/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

LMAO! I Love it. THat's awesome. I'd want the same fridge!!!

4/30/2006 8:31 AM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

want a cool fridge, get the 3 door fridge top is the 2 door fridge, with or without water/ice dispenser and bottom is a freezer. I love mine.
comes in stainless steel and is soooooo pretty.

5/01/2006 5:41 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hope you got your fridge you wanted! Hang in there and good luck with the moving process!

5/01/2006 1:41 PM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Moving is the pits. Richmond is only two hours away....I go frequently. Maybe we can meet up some time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

5/01/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Writer Mom said...

I hate change.
I'm with ya.
I'm not even moving, and there's still too much change for me to handle.
Getting the fridge you want gives you a little sense of control.
I know how ya feel.
I may have to go to Home Depot tomorrow.

I'm with everyone else. Hang in.

5/01/2006 11:21 PM  

<< Home