Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Down with the Little People

Well listen to this crap: A judge in NE said a 5' 1" man who was convicted of sexually assaulting a child was "too small" to survive in prison. So, instead of a prison term he received 10 years of probation. Yep, probation. A little slap on his little wrist.

I cannot believe a judge (it was a woman so you know she's gonna get extra backlash but in this case, I have to say it's deserved) would make such an inane decision. There is no logic or justice to it. I wonder how the molested child's parents feel about her ruling. I have to think this is why there are vigilantes who dispense their own brand of justice. Un-freakin'-believable!

To totally switch gears, am I the only person watching tennis' French Open? My husband kids me mercilessly about me being the only person left in America who watches tennis. I enjoy it! I used to play until I tore a ligament in my knee and never had it repaired correctly with surgery. I love to watch Roger Federer, I call him Mr. Smooth. And I'm thrilled to see Martina Hingis playing again, and playing well, after returning from a 3 year retirement.


0 Comments:

<< Home