Saturday, May 06, 2006

I Need My Freakin' Beadboard



See this lovely kitchen? This is what I have to leave in one week and I've become quite ticked off about it.

Mainly because the ONE thing I asked for in the spec home we're buying is for the builder to put beadboard/wainscoting on the kitchen island and bar like I have here.

If you peer closely at this picture, you can see the vertical slats of wood beautifully stained to match the kitchen cabinets. This is beadboard or depending on what part of the country you live in, wainscoting. I don't care what you freakin' call it, I WANT it. I NEED it.

If you recall from my earlier refrigerator post, Husband insisted he could take care of purchasing the frig for the new house and despite my specific instructions complete with a model # and picture, he failed. That's right, I did NOT get the frig I wanted and I won't even go into the long and convoluted tale about why not (however Husband isn't entirely to blame. I am not to blame at all, let's be clear on that).

So anyway, back to my freakin' beadboard. We have been getting such a runaround from the asshat builder - he'll give us a price by the end of the day, he'll give us a price by the end of the week, he'll have the cabinet people call us directly, blah blah blah. Stall after stall tactic has now morphed into - we'll just have to take care of it ourselves after we move in. And Husband has agreed to this! Crap, I thought he knew me better.

I'm so so angry I could not speak coherently on the phone to Husband this morning. Then I left a long rambling message on our realtor's voicemail, certainly ensuring we will never hear from her again.

Having lived in five homes in the past seven years, I know that for the builder to get this beadboard thing done is incredibly simple. But, if I'm being honest, that's really not the problem. The problem is me feeling so out of control, so lost, so lonely. I'm just trying deperately to latch onto something to make myself feel better. Who would have thought beadboard would be it??

10 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

Smile sweetie. It could be worse.

5/06/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Girl, if you feel like beadboard is the only thing you can control right now, then I say go for it!! You be the biggest bitch about beadboard that this world has ever seen.

You have so much to deal with that is NOT in your control, that I think you need to do what you can to stay sane. And then later you can laugh about it. :-)

5/06/2006 9:42 PM  
Blogger Lena said...

I am in the same boat. I feel ya girl. I feeel you!

5/07/2006 3:25 AM  
Blogger HanktheDog said...

I agree with Lisa. Be like a dog with a beadboard, as long as it's not coming between you and your husband. I hope things get better soon.

5/07/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger kdubs said...

Um just knowing you're closer to me should make it go away.

No?

You're still upset.

Ok, ok... :) Good luck sweetie, sigh. I love my honey but he'd do something similar. LOL...

Hugs,
Kdubs

5/07/2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

I am sorry the builders are being asshats (best word ever btw) I was going to buy a home on spec and have it built to my taste, but ended up buying one already built. IT will work out. I promise. Mine did and I ended up getting a bunch of free stuff.

5/08/2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

I am sorry the builders are being asshats (best word ever btw) I was going to buy a home on spec and have it built to my taste, but ended up buying one already built. IT will work out. I promise. Mine did and I ended up getting a bunch of free stuff.

5/08/2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger Libragirl said...

I am sorry the builders are being asshats (best word ever btw) I was going to buy a home on spec and have it built to my taste, but ended up buying one already built. IT will work out. I promise. Mine did and I ended up getting a bunch of free stuff.

5/08/2006 5:44 AM  
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Been there!! Done that! If you want beadboard - they should give you beadboard...
LBC

5/08/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Hope things get better soon! I can't imagine moving like you have and if you want something, you should have it!

Hope you're having a better day!

5/08/2006 5:15 PM  

<< Home