Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Idol: I MUST Quit You, You Suck

Oh Good Glory! Why can't I just look away, look away?!

Yes, it's Tuesday night and once again I'm watching stupid American Idol. Why can I not quit this show?? This season is so lame. I could be watching hunky Mark Harmon and Somebody Sexy Weatherly on NCIS, but noooooooooo.

Chris D. is going to win and everyone knows it. Including the judges who basically tell everyone but him how bad they suck each week. Why bother even airing any more shows? Can we just announce Chris is the winner and move on to the next season which will hopefully have some better talent.

I heard all of the judges have reupped their contracts for THREE more years. Geesh, kill me now if I have to watch high Paula Dingbat Abdul each week. "Oh, Acey Poo you're just so good and um uh you can sing and wow, uh whew, you just sang and heh, err, um, yea, am I still talking out loud or just thinking in my head? Oh, Simon, {giggle, giggle}. Hey, he pinched me!"

Personally, I think Paris is really good and they don't give her enough credit.

Anyway, poor kitty Hobbes is back from the vet - $717 later and less one tooth. Gack, if you didn't kill me before, kill me now 'cause I don't want to be alive when that credit card bill comes in. Why does this cat - who is only 8 years old by the way - need to have two teeth pulled in two years?? He only eats dry food. And how the hell am I supposed to give him a syringe full of pain meds when he weights 20 freakin' pounds?? I TRIED telling the idiots at the vet's office I would not be able to hold him with one hand and pour drugs down his throat with the other. They just gave me a bunch of inane suggestions like "wrap him in a towel". WTH?! And he just sits there and lets me wrap him in the towel, uh huh. Then I got the "hold his head and the syringe will just go right in his mouth." Stupid, stupid asshats, have you ever had a cat of your own?

13 Comments:

Anonymous Denise said...

I'm so glad I never started watching AI...I don't need another TV addiction. ;)

5/02/2006 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Wait....$717 for a kitty extraction? OMG! That's robbery!

5/02/2006 10:04 PM  
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

We paid almost $500 thinking ours was dying when she was just dehydrated and needed to be "unplugged"... GRRRRR....

5/03/2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

I sometimes think that American/Pop Idol and Big Brother and all the other reality shows are works of pure evil and must be so addictive because they have strange subliminal messages in them. I switch the TV off when they're on so I can't be sucked in *grin*

5/03/2006 7:33 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Well, I am addicted to AI. And have been since the show started. I am rooting for Chris, and I think paris is going home this week.

Did you watch?

5/03/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I stayed home last night just to watch AI. I don't know if Chris or Taylor will win. I think Taylor has a big fanbase.

I am getting sick of Paula though.

5/03/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger Guppyman said...

Katherine will win.

Chris will come in third.. behind Taylor...

Paris would be great, if people still made music like she's capable of singing... Any time she has tried to update her sound, it comes off... just wrong.

5/03/2006 11:20 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

Chris is good, but he didn't do as well last night. Taylor did the best last night in my opinion. Although I missed part of it, so some of the others I only heard the recaps.

5/03/2006 12:44 PM  
Anonymous ~ stacy ~ said...

LOL! Good luck with the cat issue. I make absolutely no suggestions. Hey, I've seen those claws.

*grin*

As for AI, I'm addicted too. I've quit predicting who will be voted off, though. Probably because I've been wrong the last three times in a row.

5/03/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Virenda said...

Wow I hope your cat gets better and doesn't cost you anymore money. Vets are so freaking expensive.

Oh and I too wish I didn't get sucked into American Idol. Last night was boring and Chris has to win at this point. Please don't let it be Katharine, though.

5/03/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Vet bills suck. I had to take Jetta to the vet and pay 70 dollars just for the vet to write a little piece of paper saying she's healthy so I can get her into the country. Robbery! I too am addicted to AI, but I have not been able to watch it this week because I have had 5 A.M. practices. :)

5/03/2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Vet bills suck. I had to take Jetta to the vet and pay 70 dollars just for the vet to write a little piece of paper saying she's healthy so I can get her into the country. Robbery! I too am addicted to AI, but I have not been able to watch it this week because I have had 5 A.M. practices. :)

5/03/2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger kdubs said...

See now I stopped watching a few years ago. I just couldn't get into it anymore!!!

BUT I do like the silly people who try out... I can never figure out if they are for real... hmm....

5/03/2006 8:05 PM  

<< Home