Friday, May 05, 2006

The Moving Blues

It hasn't been a great week.

Between trying to keep the house pristine for showings and thinking about the big move coming up soon, I've been a little down. I'm very happy for Husband - this is a great promotion for him and he'll really enjoy the job.

I just hate always being the "reactor". I don't like not having control or a say so, and when Asshat Corporation "offers" you a move, it's not like you can say no. And of course I don't want Husband to, but I am getting a little burned out from moving so frequently. This will be move #4 in 6 years. #5 if you count the house we built and got to live in for all of 3 1/2 months before a work move came up.

I get mad sometimes and think, "This isn't what I signed up for! This isn't how my life was supposed to turn out! What about ME?! What about MY career?"

Despite that, I am delirously in love with Husband so while that does make this all worthwhile, I still have a really bad attitude sometimes. LIKE NOW. I really like the new friends I've made here. It's very hard to make friends in a new town and I end up feeling very lonely day after day while Husband happily marches off to his fabulous new job each day.

I need to find something that I enjoy so much that it will keep me really busy. Still searching...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess and Jetta said...

Hey Katherine: Moving that many times is probably pretty hard-I can only imagine. I think everyone has those moments where they give up their dreams for someone else's and you do stop to wonder "what about me?" I know I do. I guess my point is...you're not alone.

5/06/2006 12:43 AM  
Anonymous Momma Bee said...

OMG, I really can't imagine moving that many times. I think I would go insane! Hope it gets better...

5/10/2006 11:21 PM  

<< Home