Friday, June 23, 2006

Begone Leeches!

Here is why you should feel sorry for me...

Beginning Monday I will be in the Bahamas for a week. I know, I know, you're scratching your head and saying wha??

But here's the deal; it's a work trip for my Husband which spouses are required to attend. So that's my first problem - anytime any asshat corporation tells me I have to do something, and I don't work for them - I get my hackles up.

Yes, free trip blah blah blah. But, we just went to the Bahamas 2 years so the destination doesn't make up for the fact that it is a Company Trip. I know I'm an ungrateful beeaytch, but these command corporate wife performances drive me seriously nutty. I'm a shy person and it's torture to have to make inane conversation with people I'll see maybe once a year, if that.

And, it's not like they're interested in meeting me. They just want to talk to my husband, the co-host of the event, to see what he can do for them. They're like leeches that latch onto him and just keep sucking and sucking. Then they'll look me up and down like I'm a piece of meat they're considering buying and I'm just supposed to stand there and smile.

I usually explode mid-week (privately to poor Husband) at these things at which point he buys me a nice piece of jewelry to shut me up, so at least I have that to look forward to!

0 Comments:

<< Home