Friday, June 02, 2006

Can I Get Fries With That?

My friend Kira made me laugh SO hard the other day.

A little background - she's the friend we all love to hate - thin, blonde, big boobs, smart, blah blah blah. Despite those obvious faults to me wanting to stand next to her let alone go on vacation and lay next to her in a bathing suit, gah! - we get along great. You know, one of those friends that is a true kindred spirit. Someone who just gets you.

As I said, she's thin and eats whatever she wants. Yep, one of those. Again, gah! A typical lunch for her is a McDonald's Happy Meal. A Happy Meal! For the love of dog, she's 38! She even eats all the fries and keeps the prizes on her desk at work.

So we're chatting as she's driving home - she calls almost every day as she's driving home from work - and she says she's stopping at McDonald's to get dinner. I try to be a good friend (read, bitch) and talk her out of it, you know for health reasons. It doesn't work. We continue chatting and she makes some offhand comment about how good her double cheeseburger is.

"DOUBLE cheeseburger?", I ask. Since when do they put a double cheeseburger in a Happy Meal?! She explains it's a "Mighty Kids Meal" and so it has bigger portions than the Happy Meal. I dissolve into hysterics. This is seriously the funniest thing I've heard in a long while.

"You're eating a fat kid's meal!", I scream. No no, she says, it's for older kids. I cannot stop laughing, I don't even know why I find this so funny. Maybe because she eats kids' meals in the first place, maybe because she's now graduated to the "older" aka fat kids' meals, or maybe because she's just a good buddy and I really needed to laugh that day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

6/10/2006 10:22 AM  

<< Home