Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I'm Due a Painful Death

So, if I know I'm a bitch and freely admit it, am I still going to to h-e-double toothpicks??

Mother in law calls yesterday and says she and a cousin are coming today and want to see my house. They live 1 1/2 hours away and are coming to see her daughter's house - daughter moved to VA 10 mins. away from us on Monday from Chicago (weird but good coincidence as I like sister in law.)

I'm a little perturbed as we've been here all of 2 1/2 weeks and the house is in no way presentable for company. I try to sidestep because I will be gone all morning trying to find my way around town to sign paperwork in front of a notary and oh, by the way, meeting my husband's boss' wife for the first time. I even say, "It's not the best day for me", but that entire sentence is somehow lost in phonespace. I actually stop and think for a few seconds - hmm, did I say the words or just think them, 'cause there was no acknowledgment whatsover. Instead I get, "Call me as soon as you get home."

Grrr. So 2 1/2 weeks after moving in I'm supposed to show my house to two women who both have dogs that are trained to stay in their 4x10 foyers - I kid you not - so as not to fur-ify the entire house. I can't help but feel like I'm going to be judged when they come to my one lab-two cat furry, dog slobbery, stuff everywhere 'cause I just moved in, house. Who asks to visit so soon after someone moves in??

It just really ticked me off and I thought so many nasty thoughts I'm surprised God didn't smote (or smite??) me on the spot. I got through it and they were nice and polite although I'm sure the whole way home they discussed all the furbunny tumbleweeds rolling merrily along my floors.

0 Comments:

<< Home