Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Memory - Grandparents

I was just thinking about how much I miss my grandparents - all gone now - over the past week. They all lived in Pittsburgh where both of my parents grew up. My Dad was transferred to IL when I was 6 mos. old so several times a year we'd make the 9 1/2 hour drive to Pgh.

I remember all the squabbling my brother (13 mos. older) and I used to do in the car. Can you blame us - 9 1/2 hrs, come on! But, we also had a lot of fun playing car games like trying to see who could go through the alphabet first using letters from license plates and signs. Would that ever entertain kids today?? ha ha

But most of all, I remember the excitement of going to see my grandparents and aunt. We were loved and spoiled rotten and every single day with them was great. I know I didn't appreciate them as much as I should have when they were alive. I didn't realize how special they were and how all kids don't get that much love and attention.

It's a good lesson, and I try to appreciate people in my life now so I won't feel so much regret when they're gone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

6/10/2006 10:22 AM  

<< Home