Thursday, June 01, 2006

Queen of the Flies

Gah!! I wasn't informed that the freakin’ flies BITE here. Yesterday I spent the worst 2 ½ hrs of my life planting 12 pots of stupid flowers and getting bit by every fly in VA. WTH?! Halfway through I dug out the Deep Woods Off but nooooooooo, apparently that is just a tasty treat for VA flies. The flowers better live because they’re the only ones getting planted this year. Oh, and why is it 92 degrees in May? Just curious. Burned my shoulders to a crisp, they're a lovely terra cotta shade now. I know , I know, shut up Mom, next time I'll remember the sunscreen.

And what's up with the cottonmouths? Again, no one told me I'm living in venomous snake country. That is just unacceptable. I was really looking forward to hiking, but I think I'll have to pass. Snakes and I are not fond of each other, especially ones that can really put the hurt on me.

And my poor animals are apparently allergic to VA! Sampson has been doing some god awful hacking, sneezing and snorting. Hobbes has scratched the fur off his ears, necessitating some expensive ear drops. Yea right. Let's see, hold a 20 lb. cat with one hand, with the other hand hold up his ear and with my um, toe??? put in the drops. I'm trying to perfect my "fly by" method, where I wait for Hobbes to fall asleep, swoop in and grab an ear while squeezing in the drops. Of course, you can only do one ear at a time this way since kitty wakes up quickly and very angrily. But still, he sleeps like 23 hours out of 24 so I think this might be the way to go.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

6/10/2006 10:22 AM  

<< Home