Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bulls: 1 People: 0

When will people learn?!!

If it's you against a bull and you don't even have a pretty red cape and a big 'ol sword, guess what, you're gonna lose!

Yes, it's that time of year again - The running of the bulls in Pamplona - where for some completely bizarre reason people chase cows and pull their ears and tails. I don't know about you, but if some crazy person is screaming in my face and pulling on my body parts, you better believe I'd try to kill him or her.

So, now I read that some poor American sap has been partially paralyzed yesterday after staging a "mock" bullfight. Seven other people were hospitalized after being gored or trampled. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them?? I don't, they're asshats. For the love of dog, the American guy was a 31 year old bond trader from NC. He should know better don't you think? Ding dongs, all of them.

What is the allure of "running with the bulls"? To show how macho cool you are? Mar, if you read this, I know you live in Spain so if I'm missing what the big draw is here, clue me in!

I have to say, as a big animal lover I abhor the whole concepts of bullfights. I think they're incredibly cruel; slowly killing an animal simply for the supposed entertainment value. So, in this case the bulls got one. Granted, it was probably a dumb one, but I feel like they were owed. Go bulls!


0 Comments:

<< Home