Monday, July 03, 2006

Good to be Home

We're baaaack!

OK, here's the deal - HATED the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. If you don't mind crowds, noise, overpaying for everything, and unpleasant rooms you might like it. GAH! It's definitely for families; everything is geared toward kids but I have no idea how families can afford to stay there when even kid food like a pizza is $30.

After our official duties as hosts for my husband's company ended, we had planned to stay an extra 3 days and have a real vacation. We ended up changed our plane reservations and came home 3 days early instead. We had a hard time being forced to pay the 15% gratuity that is automatically added to everything you purchase, yet not receiving anywhere near 15% worth of good service!

The hosting part was brutal. We were like Energizer bunnies; just kept going and going from meetings to pool events to dinner functions to buying drinks for attendees. I did meet some nice people but overall I'm sick of making conversation about nothing with strangers. I don't want to talk to anyone for about a week!

I did see Nicollette Sheridan and Michael Bolton - and their 300 lb bodyguard. That was at least entertaining as I've never seen a man in a coral-colored suit before (bodyguard, not Michael Bolton. Bolton was much shorter than I expected).

OK, I promise a less complaint-filled post later in the week. Just needed to get that out, whew!


0 Comments:

<< Home