Monday, July 31, 2006

MIL Redeems Herself While Gibson Falls Hard

Well. So my mother-in-law does have a conscience after all.

When we all convened at my sister-in-law's house to celebrate my birthday what should she present but a chocolate cake? Hmm, husband insists he did not call her and demand chocolate cake for me. Therefore, she must have felt guilty for planning to make pistachio when I clearly asked for chocolate. And I'm not apologizing for that!

It appears she only knows how to make one kind of cake (pistachio!) because she said, "I don't know if it's any good, I used the pistachio cake recipe and added chocolate pudding instead of pistachio pudding." Wha?? And then, "I don't know why it didn't raise."

OK, this was actually funny. When the cake was cut you could see about a 4-inch depression in the center which she had cleverly covered up with 4 inches of some god awful chocolate-looking, but not chocolate-tasting, frosting. Still, I give her big points for trying and I did eat the cake while cleverly smearing the frosting around my plate in an attempt to hide the fact I did not touch it. I will now shut up about not getting chocolate cake for my birthday. sigh of relief from the masses

In other weekend news, how about Mel Gibson's arrest for drunk driving?! Gee, I can hardly wait to see what celebrity self-implodes next (Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and counting). The DUI alone would certainly have been forgivable, afterall, what celebrity doesn't drink and drive?? It's what happened once the cops stopped him that is causing all hulabaloo...

I could have overlooked the "belligerent" attitude with the cops, the trying to flee in his own car, the "I own Malibu." and "You're going to regret you ever did this to me." stupidass statements. What is a titch hard to overlook, however, is his alleged statement that "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Oops! Hmm, tell us how you really feel Mel 'ol boy now that you're good and plastered. No, no, don't hold back, we won't tell anyone. Verrrrrrrrrrrry interesting. Somehow I don't think his apology is going to get him out of this one. Should be fun to watch, though.

***UPDATE: In a stunningly clever yet completely unsurprising bid to save his career's ass, Gibson has entered rehab.

0 Comments:

<< Home