Monday, July 17, 2006

Pistacho Crapola

Listen to this crap!

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and although I appreciate my mother-in-law saying she will make the cake to bring to my sister-in-law's I'd rather she didn't after she told me she's making Pistacho cake - ugh!

It's MY freakin' birthday and I want chocolate. It's no secret I'm a total chocolate whore, everyone knows it and I'm pretty darn proud of it. So, when my mother-in-law said she's making Pistacho cake - which is green by the way - I just looked at her with my mouth open, not believing what I heard. I even said, "what, no chocolate?" because my obsession with chocolate is a well-documented fact. It's absolutely unthinkable that anyone would try to serve me something other than chocolate at my own birthday - what the hell?!

So, I try to be the bigger person and don't say anything more about it. Until after she leaves and then I turn on my husband and unleash the chocolate rant. Husband is actually on my side and says he TOLD her to make a chocolate cake and he doesn't know why she would torment me this way.

So there you have it. She knows beyond a doubt that I would prefer chocolate, yet she chooses to make something different. What does THAT tell ya! Obviously she's pissed at me about something. Let me say that I like the woman and except for this she's treated me very well, but she is quite sensitive so I've probably done/not done or said/not said something to offend her and I'll never know it. But apparently I'm gonna pay for it.

I know I should let this go, but I have had her pistachio crapola one other time. It's not good. Nothing green - except M&Ms - can be good. It's actually a box mix, one of those Duncan Crocker or Betty Hines deals, and it's a hideous flourescent green color. I bet they don't even sell it at the grocery store anymore. She's probably stockpiled boxes of it from The Dollar Store where most of our Christmas gifts come from. Crap, that was probably uncalled for. Definitely going to hell. I think it's a rule - if you're mean to your mother-in-law it's an automatic pass to Hades.

Oh well, since I'm already going...let me just say that I won't be such a bitch as to refuse to eat the cake, but I will be sure to leave some on my plate. She'll definitely notice. Let the games begin!

0 Comments:

<< Home