Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Waiting Game

Gah! I hate to wait and I hate asshats that keep me waiting. If I have an appointment at 10:30 and you did not call to tell me "doctor" is running late, then I will show up at or before 10:30 and expect to see "doctor" within minutes.

That seems pretty straightforward to me. Afterall YOU'RE the professional - supposedly - so I expect you to run your office in a professional, efficient manner. If you can't, perhaps you need to hire a new office manager to keep things running smoothly. Otherwise, you run the risk of pissing off your patients like ME to the point that we're happy to just go find another doctor.

First, of course, we will loudly announce to the waiting room at large that we are taking our business to an office that runs on time. So there! And, we will be sure to find an office that says THE doctor is running late; not "doctor" is very busy today. Why do some medical personnel do that?? That isn't nor has it ever been correct English to say "doctor" instead of "the doctor". Therefore, they must do it just to act superior and sound important. Because if there's an actual, logical reason I'd love to hear it.

Do you get annoyed with waiting or am I just the most impatient chick on earth?

0 Comments:

<< Home