Friday, August 18, 2006

Sign Up to Honor 9/11 Victims

Can you believe in just a few short weeks it will be the FIVE year anniversary of 9/11? Unbelievable. I can't comprehend that so much time has passed because it's still so raw.

Notice the two new banners on my top left sidebar - thanks to Denise for creating the second one. You can click on either one or here to go to D. Challener Roe's website. He's a blogger who came up with a wonderful idea to honor 9/11 victims.

He's trying to get 2,996 bloggers to volunteer to write a tribute about each person who died in the tragedy that they will publish on 9/11 on their blog. You can read about it on his site and I hope you'll sign up. I really like that he says not to write anything about the terrorists; your tribute should focus solely on the person who dies since the murderers have gotten way to much attention already. Once you sign up, he'll email you with the name of the person you will write about.

I'm writing about Marjorie C. Salamone who died at the Pentagon. I'm finding it a little difficult to write about someone I don't know; I don't want to just write something generic and cold. I really want people to get a sense of who Marjorie was after reading my tribute. There is actually a lot of information available about the victims; for example, just googling Marjorie's name brought up many articles and tribute websites.

So please join the 2,996 Tribute. If you already have or are going to, be sure to let me know in comments!

0 Comments:

<< Home