Thursday, August 24, 2006

Weekly Walk of Shame Vol. 3


So this week I'm giving you a fine array of asshat nominees from either reality TV or politics. I know, I know, it's just too easy. I narrowed it down to only four (whew, tough!) since I know you don't have hours to spend reading...As always, feel free to submit your own nominee and vote for your favorite asshat!

  1. Senator Joe Biden for stupendously insulting the entire Indian (dot not feather) population, and on camera no less, with this brickbat: "In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans -- moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." I don't think Delaware will be joking either when they choose not to reelect him 'cause gee, dumbass, do you really think it's wise to insult your largest voting demographic??

  2. Senator George Allen for continuing the Indian hatefest by referring --twice--to a political opponent's Indian aide as "macaca." A macaca, by the way, is a type of monkey and the word is also used in some cultures as a racial insult. Allen's excuse? He didn't know what "macaca" meant. Wha?? Then why direct it toward someone who appears to be of Indian descent? Better yet, why use it at all, especially if you don't know what it means, jackass. Oh, just so I don't get hate mail from Allen's camp (like I did from Bill Gates people after I ranted that he should throw some cash at America's problems, too) I must inform you that the senator did apologize; however, the apology was TWELVE days after he made the insult and the media ran with it.



  3. Jeffrey aka Weird Neck Tattoo Dude for making Allison's mother cry on Project Runway last night. This guy has absolutely no class. He even made his own mother try to smooth things over with Allison's mom. She tried to convince us--ha, not buying it--that he's really a good guy, he's just had a hard life since he's a recovering alcoholic and junkie. (Just knowing that he's a friend of Santino's from last season was I all needed to hear to have this guy pegged as nasty.) Jeff insulted Angela's mom, saying he didn't care if she liked the dress he was making for her, and that he was trying to address her "insecurities" (basically saying she's choosing the wrong clothes to try and camouflage her large size.) To top that off, Jeff told her he didn't like her standing by his work table and later called her a "crazy bitch."

  4. Mimi the psycho latina lesbian with a penchant for biting (see photo!) from Bravo's new reality series "Workout." She's a train wreck, people. I. Cannot. Look. Away. She's nominated for being a bitch, generally, and throwing a glass at her now ex-girlfriend Jackie's head in last night's season finale. If she wasn't biting Jackie she was slapping her or whining about how Jackie doesn't pay enough attention to her. I'm thrilled Jackie finally gave her the heave-ho, although I'm not sure why it took almost getting her head cracked open to do it. I have to digress for a moment and say I throughly enjoyed seeing the two biggest egos in reality TV - Jackie Warner from this show, Workout, and Jonathan Antin from Blowout, together in last night's episode. It was just too much, almost wet my pants when she told him to give her a "more feminine" version of his haircut.


So there you have it. Which nominee do you think should win this week's Asshat Walk of Shame? Or, do you have a nominee I neglected to mention? Share, so we can all make fun.

P.S. Just in case you missed last week's exciting episode, click here for the Weekly Asshat Walk of Shame Vol. 2.

0 Comments:

<< Home