Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bring in Da Funk

I haven't been blogging a lot lately...got The Funk.

Let's take yesterday for example - I read. That's it, nothing else. And, I mean nothing. Couldn't even bring myself to get off the couch and do little things like empty the dishwasher and clean out the coffee pot. Let alone huge projects like vaccuming, studying, and making dinner. Heck no.

Now the ironing has piled up to the point where we have more wrinkled clothes than non and I can actually see balls of dog and cat fur floating playfully past me in the air. Gross, but you didn't see me getting off the couch to iron or vacuum.

That's what The Funk does to ya. And I know I've got it. I can always tell because I go into my obsessive reading zone where I do, hear, see nothing but the words on the pages. I compulsively read one book after another. It's not like I have a pile of bestseller "must-reads"; they're just a stack of 5+ year old books from the little library branch down the road.

But if I'm reading, then I don't have to think about whatever is upsetting me enough to cause The Funk. I can retreat into my hard shell and avoid everyone and everything. I sure wish I could blame The Funk on my mother-in-law, but I've been successfully avoiding her lately. I think I know what it is; I just have to let things marinate for awhile. Preferably with Grey Goose Cosmos.

How do you get out of your funk?

0 Comments:

<< Home